ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

My images now look terrible... what's up?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/08/09 12:05 PM Views: 1286 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Images that I loaded 2 weeks ago looked great.

Images that I load now look very fuzzy. Awful!

I am pulling my hair out. Has something on the website changed? I am just loading .jpg files. They are very hi quality and look just miserable once loaded.

Help!?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM - Response #1

Do you have a few examples? Which pages are you talking about?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 1:15 PM - Response #2

Sure. Here is a current, poor-looking image. It's our home page.

http://www.aidupont1984.com/class_index.cfm

Here is the same image (with now out-dated pricing information) as it loaded 2 weeks ago. It's on a page with many other great-looking images that were uploaded around the same time.

http://www.aidupont1984.com/class_custom8.cfm

The problem seems to be the size of the file as saved by this website. No matter what I do today, I cannot get the site to save new images at a size any larger than 50KB. Previous images look better, I believe, because the website saved them at 91KB or even more.

Any thoughts?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM - Response #3

I can tell you exactly what's going on.

First I want you to read this thread: http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=1F5332D7-D664-AB9D-BDC56D5D7CEDDBA4

Second I want you to view your home page using the Internet Explorer web browser.

After doing these things you'll see there's a problem. Right now your Classmates using IE can't log in. You uploaded a very large image to your home page (which of course is in 2 columns), our system resized it to fit properly for you automatically, and then through code you restored the original image size, which now cuts off your login box in IE. Obviously you don't want to do that. You should delete that image from the home page to fix the problem.

Why is the image blurry? Because it's really only half the size it's displaying at. When you increase the size of an image through code it's going to be blurry.

What should you do about this? You've got 3 options:

1) Type the text on the home page and don't use the image at all.

2) Put the image on a sub page and create a link on the home page to it.

3) If you really have to have this exact image on your home page at this exact size, you need to put it just after your right hand modules end. You can do that by clicking the Source button and inserting this code just before your image:

When you insert this code, the image will always begin just after your right modules end, no matter how long those right modules happen to be. This will most likely create some blank space on your page before the image (unless you fill in the page with lots of content) but at least you'll have your image on the home page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.