ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

facebook and In Memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/28/15 03:43 PM Views: 1091 Replies: 6
Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:43 PM

When I add someone to IM I also copy and paste the info into face book. I have two questions. Is there any way to get the pictures to show in FB? Also, is there any way this can be done automatically?

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

not just obit picture but yearbook picture too?

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 4:43 PM - Response #2

Interesting that you're duplicating your website In Memory announcement function on your FB group. How much overlap of members do you have between the two? You could post on FB the link to the new In Memory pages and drive them to the website for the details. It might get your more people joining the website.

Our FB group seems to be more traditional sharing of photos and memories between classmates, plus we do major announcements there about events, publication deadlines, etc. Look here...

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 8:02 PM - Response #3

I've never visited a "group" FB page. Very very nice. It's a good model for CC to copy for WN (style, fonts, clean views, ... ) easy to browse as is FB in the first place Idea

Friday, August 28, 2015 at 8:49 PM - Response #4

Jack, it's almost as if FB & CC are serving two different populations, and not necessarily the older & younger alumni (we're a multi-year group). FB is easy to post & respond to but less secure. Our CC website has more permanence. I've tracked who's on each and if I recall, it's about 1/3 FB only, 1/3 CC only and 1/3 on both. But there's still a whole bunch more people who aren't on anything except our print mailing list. We keep hearing noises about going digital with our newsletter and magazine, but no way! It's a about 1/2 our list that aren't online at all, at least not on the sites.

Edited 08/28/15 8:52 PM
Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 8:26 PM - Response #5

Mary,

thanks for the peek. I think our facebook page is all wrong. I am using a facebook page that I created years ago. I am not aware of "group" pages. I think we need to get a committee to do just facebook stuff.

Did CC create a facebook page for us? (sorry not too good at FB)

Friday, September 4, 2015 at 12:17 PM - Response #6

No, CC didn't create FB group pages for us, they just made an app that opens our CC websites within FB. I figure having a FB group as well as our all-years website gives us the best of both worlds. Classmates could use the website chats, forums, announcements, etc. for those instant sharing threads but that's not as convenient or natural as what FB already gives us.

I follow what gets posted on our FB group and whenever there's an opportunity, I comment and give them a link to something relevant on our website. I think they've come to expect that of me, that I'd keep promoting ours and sending them there. I figure it gives them more, not a conflict.

Edited 09/04/15 12:18 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.