ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Facebook

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/16/09 08:38 PM Views: 1328 Replies: 2
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I am having a problem getting people from Facebook to my CC site. I have friended a lot of people thru FB and when I do I always ask them to go to our site but for some reason they do not seem to sign on. I am not sure if they understand. Or maybe I am doing something wrong? Any suggestions to help be people to sign on?

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 9:02 PM - Response #1

Hi Ray,

As an administrator on the outside looking in...my honest opinion would be that they can stay on Facebook for free or they can pay $10.00 a year to join your site. Maybe if you not request that they pay a certain amount but rather just mention all the things that any amount that they would want to give would help fund on the site. Maybe even make the site a little more exciting to come to like add a slideshow of pictures and some music. Thank about what Facebook has to offer like pictures of classmates and a great communication tool.

Once you've added some nice additions to your site send out a mass email to all of your classmates and put an announcement on Facebook and hype it up! Put a nice background on there, change up the poll every week, add some other tabs. The Building Blocks in the Help Forums are full of great ideas and if you click on General Questions, you will notice a sticky topic called How to Keep Interest on your site. Very helpful stuff in there as well.

I hope you don't feel I was too hard on you. I like to be up front and honest and hopefully helpful.

Good luck!
Dawn

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM - Response #2

Dawn,

Not too hard on me. I think you are right about some things. Outside looking in does need some sprucing up and excitement! You have given me a few ideas now I have to get to work!
Thank you.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.