ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can I have an interactive sign up sheet?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/09 03:55 PM Views: 1565 Replies: 8
Monday, July 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM

We're having a fundraiser and need classmates to sign up for specific days/times to work this event.

I'd like to have a page that allows each classmate to enter the page and add his/her name in the specific time slot they can work.
Can this be done, and if so, what would be the best way to go about this on this site.

Any suggestions?

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM - Response #1

Yes. Just use your Survey Makes. It's probably a little deceiving that we labeled this feature "Survey Maker" because it's really just a form builder. You can use it to build any type of form you want to collect any type of data you want. It's perfect for what you're needing to do here.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM - Response #2

Can you advise as to how to put in a table with days/time slot for people to plug their names in for the day/time of their choice?

Will it allow classmates to add this themselves, or will it have to be approved by an admin?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 3:51 PM - Response #3

Surveys are instant and wouldn't need to be approved by an Admin. You'll just see all of your results accumulating instantly in your Survey Results area.

When you build your form you could do 1 of 2 things:

1) Use a comments box to allow Classmates to fill in their own times.

2) Use a radio button answer type and give people a list of predetermined time slots. This way they could just click on one of the time slots and submit the form.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 4:31 PM - Response #4

Ok, that makes sense. But we only need so many people for each time slot. If I create a radio and/or comment box, there's really no way to limit the amount of people who sign up for each time slot, is there?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 4:31 PM - Response #5

Ok, that makes sense. But we only need so many people for each time slot. If I create a radio and/or comment box, there's really no way to limit the amount of people who sign up for each time slot, is there?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 5:43 PM - Response #6

That's correct. For this I'd suggest you monitor it, and when a timeslot gets filled remove the answer from the available answers.

Another thing you could do is indicate the # of people needed right in your question. If you set your Survey Results to public, then all Classmates will be able to see the results as they come in, and will be able to see which time slots are filled and which time slots are still available.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 10:01 AM - Response #7

Ok got it.

BTW...can i tell you how much FUN we're having with this site!!??

THANKS!!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM - Response #8

You may. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.