ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notification of new profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/03/10 02:22 PM Views: 1757 Replies: 5
Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I have had several classmates log in to the site for the first time and enter profile information but I only received notfication for the first one.

Do they have control of that. I though as administrator I would be notfied of anything that happened on the site.

Thanks again for answering my many "newbie" questions!

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 1:12 AM - Response #1

Some things in the system are sent to the Admin by default, but for Profiles you'll only get the "New Classmate Notification" email by default. After that, if you want to receive Profile Updates you need to be subscribed to the Classmate, the same as any ordinary member of the site. If you want to receive all Profile updates, then you should click on the Profile Subscriptions link and subscribe to all Classmates.

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM - Response #2

]In this case I should have received all the notfications because they were all new profiles but I only received the first person that enteted their profile yesterday.

Your thoughts?

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM - Response #3

They all go out, I can only guess something happened at your email level. Did you look in the spam folder in case they started going there? Have you whitelisted noreply@classcreator.net?

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 8:08 PM - Response #4

I may be a "newbie" to Class Creator but I used to be a computer programmer and know what is going on with my email and my computer and other than the first person that created their profile on 7/3, I have not received any email notices.

Thanks in advance if you could look into this.

Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM - Response #5

All emails are going out. The problem will turn out to be with your email provider, some list they possibly subscribe to or policy they have, or something on your own computer. Thus we'll have to have you run a test to determine what's happening.

1) Go to www.ClassCreator.com and click on the FAQs link
2) Click on Questions about Email and read Question #5

The process has you set up a free gmail account to verify messages really are going out (they always are, this is really just more for you to see for yourself). Then you can follow the rest of the steps on the list to figure out where the block is. More often than not you'll find and fix the block on your own, in rare cases we may have to get involved if it's something happening at your email provider level.

Edited 07/05/10 1:21 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.