ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Page Content "Title"

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/16/15 09:38 PM Views: 1528 Replies: 11
Friday, January 16, 2015 at 9:38 PM

All pages display a "title" in the upper left corner of the content - the "title" being the same wording as the link clicked.

I would like to see the option to display or not this text.

Also, perhaps the option to define this "title" other than the same as the link.

Friday, January 16, 2015 at 11:53 PM - Response #2

I'll have an answer for you on this next week.

Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 10:48 AM - Response #3

Having set up the page, you can always edit the link and change the "Link Label" to something else - which would then be displayed at the top of the page. While you can't make the link label blank (or spaces) you can use somthing almost invisible like a single period.

Edited 01/17/15 10:51 AM
Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM - Response #4

Except for two problems:

1. Not possible to find the page easily on the Edit page by "name". For example, they would all show "." or even '-' but not the actual left hand link name.

2. Speaking of that, the left hand link name ("Link Label" also changes. IOW, it would show a period in the menu.

Plus there's still spacing at the top of the page (the period).

Pretty simple to add an option to disable showing the Link Name on the page (IMO the simplest).

Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:46 PM - Response #5

True. I was thinking more of some temporary page which was never active and referenced by an announcement or link in another page. But Tom can still easily change the name shown on the top of the page (and in the menu if it's active) - no matter what the original link name was.

Friday, January 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM - Response #6

Tom, all of this is available now.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click Edit Link next to any custom page
3) Click to expand page title and description
4) Note the checkbox to display page title on page or not
5) Note page title can now be different from link label
6) New description field allows you to enter your own unique meta descriptions for better search engine optimization

Friday, January 30, 2015 at 7:47 PM - Response #7

Great! Thanks Brad. That's more than I asked for.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 9:37 AM - Response #8

When I leave the "Page Heading:" field blank, because I do not want a heading displayed on the page, the field is being filled in with the "Link Label:" text every time I edit and save the page content or simply leave the "Edit Site Page" and then return to it.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 4:41 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

Tom, all of this is available now.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click Edit Link next to any custom page
3) Click to expand page title and description
4) Note the checkbox to display page title on page or not
5) Note page title can now be different from link label
6) New description field allows you to enter your own unique meta descriptions for better search engine optimization

Looks like that checkbox (4) disappeared.

Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 9:10 AM - Response #10

We removed the checkbox, yes. You can have no heading now by simply not adding one (or removing one). Should be set now Tom.

Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 7:22 PM - Response #11

I just checked it out. I can now edit the content of a custom page and a blank Page Header in not being filled in with the Link Label information. Thanks for the fix.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.