ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deleting a message thread

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/06/12 12:08 PM Views: 1160 Replies: 5
Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 12:08 PM

We have a classmember who some how sent what appears to be batches of messages to 20 classmates at a time essentially offering his services for insurance. We've contacted the classmate and told him this was an inappropriate use of the website and to never do it again. The problem I'm having is that some of the people he sent his message to are responding. When they respond, everyone on the original batch gets copied on all of the replies. Is there a way I can delete the original message and all the related responses? Or is there some other solution to bring this episode to an end.

Thanks,

Steve Willis

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 12:20 PM - Response #1

The only way for messages in the Message Center to be removed is by the recipients of them. If users are being annoyed at being copied on replies to a thread, then they will have to ask the classmates sending those replies to stop replying to that thread and create a new thread to send send their reply.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM - Response #2

I haven't used this feature in a long time, so perhaps the option is already there, but if not, I wonder if Class Creator could provide a pop-up (or similar) that explains that responding to these messages will send a message to ? number of people? I'm guessing many folks wouldn't reply, if they realized the response was going out to the entire group.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM - Response #3

Can the person who wrote the original message remove it?

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM - Response #4

Users of the Message Center can only remove the messages from their own inboxes. Thus, anyone else who still has a message can reply, and all the original recipients of the thread will receive the new message. We will be implementing a change which will allow replies to be sent only to the original sender but have not yet designed how it will work.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM - Response #5

Because of this same difficulty in the past I believe Class Creator put a limit on the number of recipients a classmate could select in the message center. I thought it was 15 but it's obviously greater than that. I would suggest limiting the number of recipients that can be selected to a much smaller number; like 5. This won't eliminate inappropriate content but will significantly cut down on the irritation factor.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.