ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased Guest

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/14/14 11:40 AM Views: 922 Replies: 6
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Our committee has decided that only classmates should display on the In Memory page. Is there a way to mark a Guest as deceased but not create an In Memory entry? We have posted the obit in his profile.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 11:44 AM - Response #1

Unfortunately, no. If they are marked as deceased, they will show on the In Memory page. I suppose you could fake it and add a double asterisk ** after their last name and via Manage Classmates and then add their obit to their profile.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM - Response #2

Tried that. In fact, that's what I ended up doing.
But for some reason, the site will not display a double asterisk when added in the name fields. It will display if you add asterisk-space-asterisk though.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 12:50 PM - Response #3

Scott, will this 'option' be considered for the future?

Seems practical to me, but may be logistically impossible.

<><>
Edited Portion - I do the same as Ken does below - make administrators and teachers guests, then make the In Memory addition, posting their obit.

Edited 10/14/14 5:25 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM - Response #4

I have two thoughts on this: 1) If there is good reason to add someone as a guest and they were interacting with others, they are just as deserving to be In Memory. 2) If a guest is not interacting, the profile can be moved to classmate and not shown on list.

I will be checking each site I maintain to see who I have as guests. I would rather remove them now rather than not give them the respect I feel they deserve at passing.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 1:27 PM - Response #5

I agree with Gwen. Actually, when one of our teachers pass, I make them a guest member, then create their In Memory notice. Ken

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.