ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

BRAD I have a request!!!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/06/08 12:25 PM Views: 1430 Replies: 7
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Is there a way to make it where under the reunion registration questions we have the option of making the classmates have to answer the question before they can submit their registration/order just like we can do in the surveys?

This would help immensely! It is absolutely amazing how many grown adults simply can not read (or choose to ignore) requests no matter how many times you post it in bold, red, flashing lights etc. If they hit the submit button and it said they had to answer the question maybe then they might actually do it.

Thank you!

Edited 08/06/08 1:29 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 12:52 PM - Response #1

Tracy,

I'm shocked at how many of these grown adults don't read!

Edited 08/06/08 1:29 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 1:41 PM - Response #2

Ok, first I have a request of my own: For the "regulars" here who are frequent contributors, please try to summarize your new items with something that will make sense to people. Item topics such as "BRAD I have a request!!!" or "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" do very little good for people stopping by the forums on a much more infrequent basis. Remember, when you click on each forum the only thing you have to go by is the item title itself. Unless an item title summarizes a specific question or comment, a casual reader would have absoltuely no idea what's behind the post and thus would not be likely to click on it. I changed the item title to something more indicative of your question (I mean this in the nicest way by the way, I totally appreciate you gals and guys participating in the forums here and helping to improve the system).

Ok, answering your question: "Reunion Planner I" is now closed, so no, this cannot currently be done. We have numerous enhancements on our list for "Reunion Planner II" though, and one of those enhancements is to replace the Custom Questions section with essentailly a copy of your Survey Maker, where you can make items required, so forth and so on. So yes, this and many other cool new things are slated for Reunion Planner II.

Since I'm going to get asked, I'll say right now that it will be quite some time before Reunion Planner II will be live. Having had Reunion Planner I live for several months, we now understand everything that needs to happen for Reunion Planner II. Numerous things are on the list in front of this though, such as Template 6, the 6 themed templates, Guest Accounts, the new Alumni System, and the new Preferences area that's under discussion in a different thread -- and about a hundred additional things. So -- it's gunna be awhile. And no, it's too far out there right now for me to even predict an exact date. Most likely very late this year, and possibly early 2009.

Edited 08/06/08 1:45 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM - Response #3

Ditto about grown adults NOT reading!! We thought it was just our problem but this must be fairly universal! On the positive side, we had our reunion this past weekend and it was s HUGE success, and mainly because of the pre-planning and connections made through the site! The comments regarding our website were outstanding and glowing! This site made it so much easier to manage than reunions of the past! We plan to keep the site and keep the communication lines open and use it for informal gatherings/events of our class as well.

Thank you to all of you and Brad, who have posted on the Forum. I love reading the problems/solutions and ideas from others. I feel like I'm getting to know you! Even though our reunion is over for now, I will continue reading!!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 1:52 PM - Response #4

Relating to the first paragraph of Brad's statement: Well said Brad, I have been thinking the same thing!!!

Edited 08/06/08 1:53 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM - Response #5

What Brad said! The third party plugin forum is especially bad. All the titles are the same. It would be more helpful to use a title that reflects the subject of the post.

If the post is about Slide, then put Slide in the title. If it's a question about how to put a flikr slideshow on your site, then title the post, "how to put flikr slideshow on site".

I skip all third party plugin posts because they are also very repetitive to what has already been posted.

Brad, is there a sticky function with this forum? Maybe you could sticky the post with directions on how to install a plugin on the site since that forum has the same question over and over again. Either that or a blurb to read messages for answers before posting to see if the question has already been answered.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

Ok, first I have a request of my own: For the "regulars" here who are frequent contributors, please try to summarize your new items with something that will make sense to people. Item topics such as "BRAD I have a request!!!" or "HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" do very little good for people stopping by the forums .

My question was not for "people stopping by the forums" my question was for YOU so that is why I titled it the way I did. I could have sent you a private email then no one else would have seen my question and may have later on made the same request or I could have then duplicated my post in a separate request on here but did not have the time to duplicate my efforts. Also if I would posted the title as you have suggested who knows how long it would have taken for you to actually have read the post.

The post was titled exactly the way I intended it to be to serve the purpose I needed.

Thank you for answering my question.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 7:54 PM - Response #7

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

What Brad said! The third party plugin forum is especially bad. All the titles are the same. It would be more helpful to use a title that reflects the subject of the post.

If the post is about Slide, then put Slide in the title. If it's a question about how to put a flikr slideshow on your site, then title the post, "how to put flikr slideshow on site".

I skip all third party plugin posts because they are also very repetitive to what has already been posted.

Brad, is there a sticky function with this forum? Maybe you could sticky the post with directions on how to install a plugin on the site since that forum has the same question over and over again. Either that or a blurb to read messages for answers before posting to see if the question has already been answered.

Yes, exactly Cathy. It's just common "forum etiquette" if you will. We wanna keep the board as valuable as possible for all readers, and a little care in creating your summaries goes a long way in helping readers to locate issues that may be similar to their own.

And yes, I do have a sticky option. When I see a really good thread in the future with lots of good answers and info I'll start using that -- good recommendation.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.