ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Admin email notification of Survey Responses

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/28/12 12:33 AM Views: 1312 Replies: 12
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Hi :

I just noticed a change in the CC system. I find that everytime someone responds to the Survey questionnaire I (the site admin) am being notified by email. This wasnt the case until 2 days ago. Is there a way the notification can be turned off?

Tom

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM - Response #1

You can switch off the Survey notifications by going to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, DETAILS for your own listing, and unchecking "Receive Survey submissions" under "Email Notifications" near the bottom. Be sure to click "Save Changes".

Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM - Response #2

Similar but opposite. I have filled in the survey and sent it, and as root admin, have not received an email notification. I have also added another admin who as checked to receive email notifications - she has not received them. Both she and I have completed the (test survey) and submitted it - saw "survey submitted" but notice that when we go back in to the survey, even after logging out and then back in - when we return to the survey it is completed as we had last done. Using FF 3.6.28 for root admin and also Safari 5.1.2 on limited admin user. It just occurred to me that perhaps since you're dealing with a lot of folks my age, and we forget sometimes if we completed it or not - maybe by leaving that survey completed, it lets us know that we already DID complete the survey ?? And for those younger folks...it prevents them from gaming the system and altering the results purposely?? (PS I don't wish to upgrade from FF 3.6 presently as it occupies too much memory and response is bad)

Further testing with another co-admin who uses Chrome submitted a survey; everyone immediately got it via email as did she. She submitted it a second time, and it didn't arrive at anyone's email - all of whom have "get survey responses by email" I then tried yet again...my survey was completely filled in, and no one got a copy after submitting it

Edited 04/01/12 9:09 PM
Monday, April 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM - Response #3

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, admins are NOT receiving notifications of inital survey submissions, when using Firefox or Safari, but with Chrome the admin is receiving notifications of initial submissions but not of changes?

Monday, April 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM - Response #4

Not exactly. We had three users, 2 in my home on the same Wireless LAN and one elsewhere; it happened that we all were using different browsers too. The two of us FF and Safari may have submitted the survey in the past - don't remember, as it is a 'test' survey. But neither of us received from the other, and the third party didn't receive from us as well. However when the third party (using chrome) submitted her survey we ALL got it; when she submitted it again, no one got it. As indicated, perhaps there are some filters in there, so the same email submitting the same survey title (changed or not) can't submit it more than one time. I will create a NEW test survey with just a question or two to see if everyone gets it when sending from FF and Safari. If we do, and then try again, and no one gets it - we'll know you (CC) have done this explicitly - and most smartly if it is all true. Stay tuned...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 3:57 AM - Response #5

I am continuing testing - please review our site log as you can. This time, even while I am a root admin, I have created another ID that is not an admin at all. Over 4 hours ago (which was yesterday) I submitted a survey and waited. Neither my wife or I as admins received it; I logged out completely, shut down the tab after logging off (using FF) and then, submitted a survey. Now it is the next calendar day. When I logged on using the classmate - not the admin, I brought up the survey. It was completely filled in as when I had finished and submitted it the first time. I changed 3 answers and resubmitted it. I then logged off and logged on as the admin. IMMEDIATELY I received the re-submitted survey and it showed "updated questions in red" and the three questions changed were indeed in red. Now, this is of great concern. If we are asking classmates to complete a survey and we get NO responses until it has been resubmitted - that obviously is unacceptable. I still believe that something is wrong on OUR end, but I am trying to control it - and cannot determine what I am doing wrong - i.e. why I am getting these results as described. It may require more than simple email back and forth, and I have no difficulty if you wish to remotely log in to my computer, if you cannot find something wrong with the settings i have set. Please advise ...Thanks...

Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM - Response #6

Dick,

Can you try again and tell us if anything has changed?

Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 2:31 PM - Response #7

OK - for me to do this, I'll need to create a 3rd survey, so that I am trying it from scratch - otherwise i'd be editing an existing survey. Thanks for looking into this, Eric - I trust you may have changed something - we can chat thru another media if you'd like ...dick

Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM - Response #8

Eric - I created a 3rd survey and used Frank Z as a non-admin to enter information, and me as an Admin to enter information.Results:
- I got survey results immediately via email from both - said "survey submitted"
- I then changed Frank's answers and got additional email saying "survey edited" and did the same for me, and also got a second email
- I looked at stats under "survey maker" and saw correct stats and in the free text or comment areas, it attributed the text to the submitter.

Much better - I have also asked two of my other admins to test as i did and see if they also got both emails - but I trust you found something wrong and fixed it ... yes?

Edited 04/05/12 3:47 PM
Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM - Response #9

Looks that way. Thanks for the thorough follow-up!

Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM - Response #10

So very glad it's fixed...now we can send it out to all 480 + classmates and get deluged (hopefully) with responses. And now that I've used it a couple of times, I can see the terrific logic that went into what I thought was a "bug" turns out yet to be a feature. That is keeping the responses filled in on the survey. that way folks like us that can't remember where they put the car keys, when we see the survey and were not sure if we completed it or not, will know they DID...and see their answers - and if the answers should change they can re-submit it, without having to remember all their prior answers and just submit it again and we admin's will only see what has changed and there will be no additional tallies either. However - if you're setting up instructions, you should definitely mention that - otherwise folks may re-submit it and submit only the changes, thus blanking out everything else (if it wasn't a required field) and throw off the tallies. Thanks again

Meant to ask - was this something on MY end that you fixed...or system wide or partially system wide based on certain parameters. If others were affected and didn't realize it, they must have been disappointed at the terrible response rate for their surveys Wink

Edited 04/05/12 5:42 PM
Thursday, April 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM - Response #11

The programmer said it had something to do with the browser version you were using. I guess he had to program for that specific version of the browser and wasn't doing that.

Friday, April 6, 2012 at 3:25 AM - Response #12

Possibly on my browser, which I know is an old version FF 3.6, but it also affected my wife using current version Safari and one of the others using current version Chrome - and now everyone is fine

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.