ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

No Computer

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/13/08 07:41 PM Views: 1475 Replies: 7
Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 7:41 PM

I have a couple of classmates who do not have computers or e-mail addresses. I have printed off their profile and I am mailing it to them to complete and they have agreed to send it back to me with a picture or two. How can I update their information without an e-mail and password so that others can see their information? Any ideas?

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 8:11 PM - Response #1

I'd just input the contact and profile information and upload the pictures. You may not have to do anything else. See what happens. If you do need an e-mail address perhaps one can just be made up.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 8:12 PM - Response #2

Hi Bonnie,
I think you can use your email address on all of the accounts and just use unique passwords. My husband and I are in the same graduating class and I maintain both of our profiles. I am using the same email address but have different passwords to log into our separate accounts. Do you think that would work for you?
Good Luck!Smile

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM - Response #3

Thanks Anita and FC. I'll try your suggestions and see what happens. I wonder if anyone else has done this?

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 9:15 PM - Response #4

It's very easy to do this. First off, don't actually join your site as the Classmate. Thus no email address will be required in the first place.

What you want to do is put in all their info and photos. And then:

1) Click on Edit Site Pages
2) Click on the Enter/Edit Classmates button
3) Click the second radio button at the top (the option that says to display all Classmate info even if the Classmate has not joined your site)

This way all of your work will be visible to your Classmates, and you've never had to actually join the site on behalf of those Classmates without computers. Simple as that.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 9:43 PM - Response #5

Thanks Brad. I knew there had to be a simple way to do this. You guys think of everything. Thanks as usual.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 11:08 PM - Response #6

I also put "no email" after their last name so on the class list it shows they can't be reached by email. It also gives me a heads up when I pull the class list that those are the ones that I have to call or send snail mail to.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 10:42 PM - Response #7

great idea Ann

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.