ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Talent page ??

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/11 02:20 PM Views: 1120 Replies: 3
Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Has anyone set up a tab to highlight some of the class talent? We have a classmate who lives in LA who is an amatuer but good singer/songwriter. He has written a song for our reunion about 1966, the year we graduated. He sent it to me in MP3 format and I thought it could play when you open that page. He also has a link to take you to his site with the lyrics, other songs etc. That made me think it might be nice to have a showcase page where others who write, paint, photography, collections, blogs, etc could put links to whatever their "thing" might be. I am looking for ideas on how I might set this up and what it should look like.

Thanks!
Janie

Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM - Response #1

One of my classmates was a Poet, and has published 3 books of poetry. She passed away 20 years ago, but I located her husband. He allowed me to post all 3 books of poetry (copyright permission)on the website. I used a Gallery for that, but a 3rd party for "page turning" like our Yearbooks.

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 12:37 AM - Response #2

One of our classmates suggested that we do exactly what you have indicated. I am working on this (in my mind) but haven't finalized it yet. I am thinking of using the Classmate Forums page to do this. Starting different forums with titles like Poetry, Paintings, Photography, etc. and then the hard part -- getting people to actually post to this forum and then subscribe to it to see what others post.

Let me know if you think this approach will work or if you have any other ideas.

Jim

Friday, June 10, 2011 at 11:13 AM - Response #3

Sounds like a great idea..I do have a page on my family site titled "Lights, Camera & Action" where I have family talent in the form of videos.... never thought about adding it to my high school site, but I like this idea! Idea

That page is protected but you can see my family site at this link: Hughes Family site..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.