ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Flash problems?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/17 07:34 PM Views: 1743 Replies: 24
Friday, June 9, 2017 at 7:34 PM

I notice that for the past few days the people online widget is not working. I think this requires Flash. Attached is a pic of how it is displaying on both a Windows XP and a Windows 10 PC. My Flash version is 25.0.0.171 which I believe is the latest. Anyone else having this problem? Any idea what is wrong?

Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 8:59 PM - Response #1

works here

Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 1:57 AM - Response #2

I have the same problem and on all my laptop computers. I have tried to fix it to no avail. Something changed with Flash. Mine has been like this for almost a year now.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 9:05 AM - Response #3

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

works here

What browser are you using? I am on Firefox ESR 52.1.2 (32 bit) Non YouTube videos will not play. I think this is a Firefox problem as these things are working in Internet Explorer (which I hate).

EDIT: I just noticed that on one of my Windows 10, Firefox 53.0.3 laptops that the videos in Facebook are playing fine but I still have the same blank field for those online in CC.

Same thing for Edge browser. Videos fine but CC people online box empty.

Same thing on ASUS Transformer Pad. Videos fine but CC people online blank.

Can't be me on 4 different devices.

Edited 06/11/17 10:38 AM
Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 9:23 AM - Response #4

Webmaster Darlene wrote:

I have the same problem and on all my laptop computers. I have tried to fix it to no avail. Something changed with Flash. Mine has been like this for almost a year now.

I had a problem a while back and I followed the solution in this link and it fixed it. I tried it this time but to no avail. It may work for you.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1128613

My other 2 laptops are Windows 10 and Firefox 53.0.3, which is the latest release. The 52.1.2 on the XP laptop is from the ESR (Extended Release) which is the latest for XP and maybe Vista and 7.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 3:16 PM - Response #5

Barb,
It didn't work for me either this time! I am stumped.
I am using the latest version of Firefox and my flash has been updated to the current one. I give up.
Rolling Eyes

Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 7:42 PM - Response #6

Edge, Firefox and Chrome all work. Except for Chrome you have to enable Flash as shown in this link

For me, there is something wrong with Firefox though playing --linked page-- videos in latest release on FB (not videos on FB). Same --linked-- page works on Chrome and Edge and not on FF. Very odd. Looks like an html5 bug. Perhaps older code on those pages?

Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM - Response #7

Flash stuff needs to be dropped/converted by CC. Android Mobile Chrome does not support nor can I get FF to work. And of course iPhone no dice either.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 8:02 PM - Response #8

Edit - tempted to think this might be a Youtube issue for iframes on FF.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM - Response #9

EDIT: I just noticed that the block does not display the number of people online but if I click on the arrow, it DOES show my name and the option to change to AWAY or DO NOT DISTURB.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 3:09 PM - Response #10

I noticed this a few days ago and though I took screenshots, I did not make it over here to post. My view is in this YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/R9i6wgfNROo

Perhaps we are having a flash problem as the BBCode Editor tools show when I open a new message and disappear as soon as I begin to write. I see Jack added a link but I am not able to do so.

Edited 06/13/17 3:16 PM
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM - Response #11

Website Administrator wrote:

EDIT: I just noticed that the block does not display the number of people online but if I click on the arrow, it DOES show my name and the option to change to AWAY or DO NOT DISTURB.

Barbara,

Although you can see your name, it does not show others online at the same time. My root admin and I were on the phone working on our site and we both could see ourselves, but not each other, so it is more than just a problem with the number in the red bar.

Jim

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6:25 PM - Response #12

Thank you Jim & Gwen for confirming that I'm not losing my mind and I'm not the only one with this situation.Wink

Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 2:19 PM - Response #13

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

...For me, there is something wrong with Firefox though playing --linked page-- videos in latest release on FB (not videos on FB). Same --linked-- page works on Chrome and Edge and not on FF. Very odd. Looks like an html5 bug. Perhaps older code on those pages?

Jack - I'm not sure what you are saying here. For me I had Firefox 52.1.2 for Windows XP and Shockwave Flash 25 plugin. In Firefox I was able to view videos on YouTube but not non-YouTube videos in Facebook. I also had the blank Instant Messenger box.

Yesterday I received Firefox 52.2.0 and today I received Flash 26.0.0.126 and still have the same problems.

On my Windows10 laptop I am able to see the videos in Facebook but still have the Instant Messenger problem.

SUPPORT: IS ANYONE AT CC LOOKING INTO THIS?

Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 4:22 PM - Response #14

You are using FF 53.0.3 now. I was using that too but now the current version is 54.0. Still has the Facebook display bug.

What I'm saying is that -- LINKED -- FB pages do not always display videos or images for that matter. Videos and images on main FB page always work fine. I looked at the underlying code and it looks "normal". The video one earlier was a typical YouTube iframe.

Image example: The page below works in the other browsers. Same Adblock in both even though I disabled it for those pages just in case. And cleared cache too. And reloaded. Just won't show the images.

LINK does not display correctly on FF.

I can 'inspect' this and say view image and it shows the image. Pretty weird. ALL the other browsers display fine here. I don't get it since some/most pages work. If that page works for you, I'm even more baffled.

And THIS page works fine.

Friday, June 16, 2017 at 9:28 AM - Response #15

Yesterday I received an upgrade of Firefox to 52.2.0 for ESR and I also received a Flash upgrade to 26.0.0.126 and lo & behold - videos are now working fine! However, the problem with Instant Message bar still remains.

Friday, June 16, 2017 at 12:33 PM - Response #16

FYI XP is on the death list for browsers. FF will stop supporting it LINK

Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5:38 PM - Response #17

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

FYI XP is on the death list for browsers. FF will stop supporting it LINK

I know. I realize I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon. Problem is I have loads of emails from multiple sites on my Outlook 2003 client. I don't think the upgrade/conversion is simple. Rolling Eyes

Edited 06/16/17 5:49 PM
Monday, June 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM - Response #18

For what it's worth, after the update to FireFox 54.0 this morning - and with Flash 26.0.0.131 - I'm now seeing the number of people logged in again in the IM box.

Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:15 AM - Response #19

Anyone who was having issues connecting should try again. There were a lot of hanging connections cleared and resets yesterday that should improve connections and overall performance in all browsers. If you are still experiencing issues noted above that his is working after several updates in Firefox.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, June 19, 2017 at 10:23 AM - Response #20

I didn't update anything and I now see what was missing. It appears that this issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

Monday, June 19, 2017 at 11:27 AM - Response #21

It does appear to be resolved. The programmers coordinated with the IT team over the weekend to troubleshoot a connection issue with the FMS server.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 8:24 AM - Response #22

All good here now.

Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 6:36 PM - Response #23

Several users only use an iPad. Is there a way to use the IM feature on an iPad or iPhone?

Monday, August 3, 2020 at 3:45 PM - Response #24

Not at this time.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.