ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Increased Chinese Domain Name Scams

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/18/14 11:58 AM Views: 1158 Replies: 5
Friday, April 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Just wanted to send you a quick note to be on the lookout for possible spam / scam emails to your email addresses. For the second time in 2 days, I have had an admin report that they have received a notification regarding a China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration and dispute internationally in China. These notifications appear to from different domain names, but are similar in nature. Both are scams.

I googled the following : Scam from www.ygregistryltd.com, and got the following search result: Click here if interested.

Beware of these kinds of common scams. You can always do some quick google research and you can typically identify if the email is a scam / spam vs legitimate. Most of the time it will be a scam / spam.

The best action is to mark the mail as spam and then delete it without replying to it or clicking on any of the links. Also, you may notice a spike in these messages for a short amount of time, to which I would simply mark as spam and delete. For some email service providers, you can report the message to them and they can filter these messages before they are ever even delivered.

Edited 04/18/14 12:01 PM
Friday, April 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM - Response #1

Good job, Scott. Thank you for the warning.

Friday, April 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM - Response #2

Just a note here Scott. That (your) message is triggering Gmail filters as being suspicious. I had to confirm that it was ok.

Edited 04/18/14 2:44 PM
Monday, September 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM - Response #3

I am now getting error message that domain name has expired. Am not able to access class site to check it out or renew, need help

thanks

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM - Response #4

Hi Marlene,

I had the http://www.classnames.net system email you your user name and password for your domain account so you can login and renew the domain.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM - Response #5

I did not received information via email ... just want to make sure I get the correct domain , as I recall I got a couple and one was not recommended
thanks

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.