ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Microsoft killing off Internet Explorer

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/17/15 01:21 PM Views: 1088 Replies: 11
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 1:21 PM

With Windows 10 coming up, the Internet Explorer brand won't be the flagship browser. So
Internet Explorer will still exist in some versions of Windows 10 mainly for enterprise compatibility, but the new Project Spartan will be named separately and will be the primary way for Windows 10 users to access the web. Microsoft has tried, unsuccessfully, to shake off the negative image of Internet Explorer over the past several years with a series of amusing campaigns mocking Internet Explorer 6. The ads didn't improve the situation, and Microsoft's former Internet Explorer chief left the company in December, signaling a new era for the browser.
So much longer with Class Creator support IE..
I know at work. That's what we use. We're no where close to going to Windows 10

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 1:26 PM - Response #1

Scott, was this a question or just a comment?

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM - Response #2

He asked

Quote:

So much longer with Class Creator support IE..

Or how much longer will Class Creator support IE?

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM - Response #3

So how much longer will Class Creator no longer support IE??
I was thinking when they no longer support IE 11

Edited 03/17/15 2:20 PM
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 3:11 PM - Response #5

I would be bold enough to assume that Class Creator will continue to make the website compatible with Internet Explore versions until very few use them. People who are still using Windows XP (not advised) cannot use any newer version than IE 8 as IE 9 and above requires W7 or higher. At some point, Windows XP will be entirely extinct. When that happens, older versions of Internet Explorer will probably be extinct as well. I would advise anyone to use Mozilla Firefox, or Chrome. Opera isn't as well known, and Safari is slower than all of them on a PC.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 3:15 PM - Response #6

"So much longer with Class Creator support IE.. " is not phrased as a question, so I didn't know.

As far as I know, we don't have any custom code for Internet Explorer and even if we did, we wouldn't be removing that custom code from our code base. I think if you have any browser and it supports HTML, ClassCreator should continue to work with it.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM - Response #7

This was the article that I read today

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-113874075974.html

At first I thought it was an April Fools prank, but this is St Patrick's Day instead

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 5:02 PM - Response #8

This was the article that I read today

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-113874075974.html

At first I thought it was an April Fools prank, but this is St Patrick's Day instead

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 5:26 PM - Response #9

It's actually not about html per se, but standards, for example CSS and lots of other things. Even now older versions of IE do not support a lot of the newer options with CSS nor does it work the same.

There is custom code for IE (inside of support code used) since IE does not behave the same as other browsers in obtaining object data. There are various posts telling people how to set their IE options so it works with IE since CC was (is?) checking for certain API support that varies from IE to IE.

The sentence was missing words and didn't make sense as worded (common with posts everywhere as the hands can't keep up with the mind) that it was a question was not difficult to decipher.

Kyle Erickson wrote:

"So much longer with Class Creator support IE.. " is not phrased as a question, so I didn't know.

As far as I know, we don't have any custom code for Internet Explorer and even if we did, we wouldn't be removing that custom code from our code base. I think if you have any browser and it supports HTML, ClassCreator should continue to work with it.

Monday, June 8, 2015 at 9:54 PM - Response #10

Hello all, I signed up a long time ago to be a Microsoft insider previewer for the OS's. I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview with the Project Spartan browser and the Class Creator websites load up just fine.

Monday, June 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM - Response #11

Did you post this from Spartan?

Just curious since the Agent Id is now more or less like the other browsers.

Also coming up as NT 6.2 which I read is what Windows 10 Preview uses for now. Wonder if that will change?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.