ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music on Multi Year Sites

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/16/11 11:50 PM Views: 1351 Replies: 5
Friday, September 16, 2011 at 11:50 PM

How do you decide what music to play (if any) on the multi-year sites?
It's easy to decide for one year but multiple years crossing multiple decades is a major decision.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 12:01 AM - Response #1

Why not "Mix it up"?...Start with the top songs of the years featured, mix in some classic fun songs and some contemporary stuff? There is so much good music to choose from, why limit yourself or the time period? It's just a thought, but I am sure that you will get some great suggestions from others on this subject!
Congratulations on your new venture/adventure!

Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM - Response #2

I agree with Kris. Otherwise, you might have a page per decade and a playlist for that time on each page. That is extra work that is not necessary.

However, IF your site has great traffic... let us all know what your secret is and give more and more content... including playlists. Very Happy

Sunday, September 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM - Response #3

Someone on Class Creator posted a link to a site called www.upchucky.com and I adapted it to a multi-year site. Here is a link to the page we added to our site.
AHS multi-year music page

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM - Response #4

Wow great site Stan well done.

Friday, September 30, 2011 at 10:32 AM - Response #5

Thanks - yours looks great as well. Like the opening music.

How did you do the annuals in the background. I saw something about that sometime back, but could not think of anything to use as a background. Using the annuals is a great idea. Don;t spend a lot of time on the details - if you could just p[oint me to the place to start, i can figure it out from there.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.