ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Website TimeZone

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/09 12:48 AM Views: 1162 Replies: 1
Monday, July 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Where do I go to set time zone for our website. We're Pacific and I think the website is Eastern Time Zone. I thought I saw something but can't find it now.

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 1:23 AM - Response #1

Welcome Pamela.

Classmates log in from all over the country or world, so there really is no universal timezone setting. The entire system runs on EST (basically since that's where the servers are located). So if a Classmate updates his or her Profile at 12:01 EST, the system will show the update as taking place on the next day, even though the update was technically made 3 hours prior to the next day PST.

There is one exception to this though where it matters most. In your forums each user can set his or her own timezone, since you'll have Classmates communicating from all over the country or world. Many times communication in the forums happens rapdily, and the specific time is also listed with the post, so it was important here to allow each user to adjust the timezone settings. If the majority of Classmates are in one area, it's helpful to set your default forum timezone to that area (in your case Pacific). That way less Classmates will have to change it.

Edited 07/20/09 1:33 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.