ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

80's Games

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/24/08 01:43 PM Views: 3677 Replies: 32
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 1:43 PM

I want the 80's games on our site! Can you send me the "stuff" to do it? Thanks in advance!!!!

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM - Response #1

Me too! Me too!

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 12:59 PM - Response #2

Sent. Sent.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM - Response #3

could you send the 80's game for my site too? Looks like it's not something I can do on my own?? THANK YOU!

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM - Response #4

-- duplicate --

Edited 09/29/08 9:41 PM
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM - Response #5

-- duplicate --

Edited 09/29/08 9:42 PM
Monday, September 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM - Response #6

Cool! Will you please add the 80's games to my site also???? I have a link to play Mario but will delete it for this one.

PS...Have had a blast creating our site, many great comments on it.

THANKS SO MUCH!

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 9:44 PM - Response #7

Sent. Sent.

Note, I wouldn't get too carried away with putting game code all over your site. We're gong to release an arcade module that will function self contained under 1 link shortly. For now I'd just put in a game or two that you like the best.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM - Response #8

I want it too!!! Please send to me! Smile

Friday, October 31, 2008 at 3:35 AM - Response #9

Hang tight for the arcade module. Smile It's really much better than peacemealing it all together.

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM - Response #10

When do you expect the arcade module to be released?

Friday, November 7, 2008 at 5:09 PM - Response #11

We'll be working on that right after the new Preferences area, which Dave Kauffman is working on now.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 10:38 PM - Response #12

It would be great to have the 80's Games...please count on me too...thanks

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 9:46 PM - Response #13

80's games over here.. please send.

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM - Response #14

Brad,
We would love to spruce up our site with the 80's games as well.
Thanks

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 7:57 PM - Response #15

What is this "80's Games" everyone is raving about? I just managed to add a daily cryptogram and daily sudoku with the help of another classmate on a dedicated games page, but this sounds more fun! Here I was trying to get people to return to the site to exercise their aging brains and you young whippersnappers are adding games for FUN, ha ha. Sounds like a better idea. I'm in!
Retha

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 8:54 PM - Response #16

Go to www.marshalltownhighschool58.com and click on PacMan. Or Donkey Kong. That's what people are talking about. We have a Task on the list to "modularize" all of the classic arcade games, but it got shoved way down the list due to a hundred or so other requests. It's still coming though. Smile

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 10:17 PM - Response #17

Brad,
That is great. Would you please put the Pac Man and Donkey Kong games onto our web site?
Thanks a bunch!
Amy
ridge89.com

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #18

Until we modularive the classic arcade, that ya gotta do yourself.

1) Click on FAQs above
2) Click on Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #15

I posted the code for both games in one file. Right click on it below to save it to your computer:

http://www.classcreator.com/arcade.txt

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 1:30 AM - Response #19

Hi Brad,
I got this message after I completed the daily cryptogram I put on our game page, when I wanted to see if I'd gotten it right.

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

I don't understand why I have to give that site permission to be accessed when I've already downloaded their game. I know it's likely a problem from their end, but do we have a whitelist and is there a way to put them on it? If there is, SHOULD I do it or would I be opening us up to more ads and schtuff we don't want on the site?

They SAY they only want people to see their site's name, "cryptogram.com," which I have looked at. I tend to think they are ok.

Advice?
Thanks,
Retha

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM - Response #20

It's you accessing their server. They probably want to see what sites are going to be hitting their server to pull their game content. Obviously when you pull third party content you put your page at the mercy of whatever their code does. Thus I can never say definitively that any third party code we didn't write is 100% safe. But having said that, third party objects are extremely common and 99.9% of the time not problematic. I'd personally have no problem trusting this particular site.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM - Response #21

Oh by the way, every single time somebody loads your page that has their game code on it, it makes a connection to their physical web server to load the game. Your code you loaded is merely a call to their server to load the game.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM - Response #22

Thanks, but I still don't know how to get their page that shows whether a person has the correct answser to the cryptogram. I have no clue what to do from the page with the message I got re. the whitelist.

Thanks for Donkey Kong and PacMan. Too bad I suck at both of them. I don't get Donkey Kong. Are there instructions anywhere on how to move the dude who I keep letting get eaten alive? I use the arrow keys but can't move fast enough. Is there a way to make him speed up or jump? You can ignore these last questions if you want, I'm more interested in the whitelist problem. Smile I'm hoping the games will keep people coming back and I'm hoping they can figure them out better than I can.

Thanks,
Retha

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 2:51 AM - Response #23

I'll most definitely leave it to somebody else to figure out Donkey Kong, but regarding the whitelist issue, you simply need to contact that site and give them your web address so they can add it to their system. That's all.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 8:59 AM - Response #24

Brad,
Please forgive me for being such a computer novice -
I right clicked on the link and clicked copy shortcut. then pasted it onto my page after clicking source and source again. the only thing that appears is the address - http://www.classcreator.com/arcade.txt
please tell me what to do differently...
thanks (again)
Amy

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 10:34 AM - Response #25

Right click on the file and select "Save target as" (wording may vary by browser) and save tghe file to your local computer. Open it up in Notepad or any text editing program. You'll see the code for both Word and Pacman in there. Copy the code for one of the two games to your computer's clipboard. Then follow the directions here:

1) Click FAQs above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #15

Give that a whirl and let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM - Response #26

Hi Brad,

Is there a way to turn the sounds off on Pacman and Donkey Kong? It's very distracting and I want to listen to our music.

Thanks!
Retha

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM - Response #27

Hi Retha,

Some of the games like PacMan do have a link for settings or controls - you have to turn them off each time you go to the game. Most of the games from neave.com use M for mute.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM - Response #28

B~
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
R

Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 3:00 PM - Response #29

Pacman says M is for mute but pressing it brought no results. I managed to remove some code and got one of the games to hush until you chose to play, but then there was a string of code still on the actual game page. I gave up and removed both games.

Where did you get your push pin? I need a blue one.

Thanks,
Retha

Friday, April 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM - Response #30

Do you still have the 80's games available to send to my site?
Thanks so much!

Friday, April 22, 2011 at 9:54 PM - Response #31

Patricia,

Those games are embedded on your site from this website:
www.arcadecabin.com

You can select a game, click "view code", copy the embed code, and paste it on your webpage. You need to click the "source" button in your editor before the paste, then save the webpage. The game will load from the arcadecabin.com site, but visitors will see it on your class site.

Patricia Goolsby wrote:

Do you still have the 80's games available to send to my site?
Thanks so much!

Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 5:31 PM - Response #32

Thanks so much!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.