ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Subscribe all classmates to User Forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/11/11 07:32 PM Views: 1153 Replies: 2
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Is there a way that I, as administrator, can subscribe all of our classmates to the User Forums? I know classmates can individually access the User Forums and subscribe, but my classmates are not the most computer literate and are hesitant to follow the instructions on how to do this.

Most keep asking me why they don't get an email each time something is posted to User Forums. Trying to explain to them they need to access the User Forums and subscribe themselves has not worked so far.

Thanks, Bob

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

Hi Bob,

You have limited access to the forum settings of your classmates, and the options you have are set up primarily to allow you to unsubscribe those who don't understand why they are getting a bunch of emails they don't want, rather than the inverse. It is an opt-in system. Users have to subscribe themselves to the things they want emails about (classmate profile updates, forums).

I understand that less computer savvy users may need assistance from you, but I'm afraid there just isn't a way to do what you're asking.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM - Response #2

Thanks Eric. I was afraid you were going to say that.

Over time this problem will resolve itself because more and more people are being exposed to PCs at a younger age. But for my age group, my classmates just don't understand, nor do they want to take the time to understand, all the capabilities that are available to them.

Bob

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.