ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Animated Image

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/15/09 09:11 PM Views: 1434 Replies: 5
Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I guess I'm getting old, I can't remember what I did or didn't do, to get snow falling on the first image on our homepage, I did it right at least once, just down a little for Happy Holidays it working ok.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 9:50 PM - Response #1

I fixed it for you. If you try to upload an animated image that Class Creator needs to resize, then the image stops being animated. I uploaded it to the FILE VAULT (Insert/Edit Link button) and so it didn't get resized.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle, for fixing it and telling me how. Always appreciate how fast you folks respond.

Monday, January 1, 2024 at 5:45 PM - Response #3

Kyle -- ran across this one from years back and not sure whether & how it might help me what I want to do. On occasion I'd like to upload a gif into the Site header. Pls explain whether that is possible and if so how to proceed. I regularly update header artwork (usually a PowerPoint composition that I size to the correct proportion. Just not sure whether and how I'd need to similarly format a gif. thx Rog

Monday, January 1, 2024 at 11:08 PM - Response #4

You need to create overriding CSS to put a GIF there from the file vault. Below is the CSS required. Replace image with a new image here: url('put new url here');

Test on a test page. To make it active on all pages, put it in Preferences, Google area.

The size parameters is used to make it fit.
background-size:cover; is typically the easiest. Depending on the image, also try
background-size:100% 100%;
P.S. GIF size can be adjusted but you need an editor to does that.

Edited 01/02/24 9:14 PM
Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 7:13 PM - Response #5

Thx Jack; appreciated the explicit instructions. - Rog

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.