ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

change email address on Contact Us

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/26/23 09:41 PM Views: 269 Replies: 6
Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 9:41 PM

I can see and edit the contact us webpage, but how do you change the email address that the contact us goes to?

Monday, November 27, 2023 at 4:02 AM - Response #1

Just a guess, but I think the Contact Us email address is the one you have for your site's Root Administrator. Under Admin Functions > Preferences, you'll see who your root administrator is.

Monday, November 27, 2023 at 9:56 AM - Response #2

Under Admin Functions > Preferences there is an option called

EMAIL ADDRESS AND SENDER NAME

This sets the default name listed.

The root administrator can also select who receives the notices under

Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/edit Classmates > Details page for each admin > Grant Admin Access > Notification section

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 8:57 AM - Response #3

Under preferences I set the site email and name, but 'contact us' email still goes to my classmate email, not the site email.

...and I don't think Julia will be able to follow your instructions very easily ~ can you help again with my admin settings?

Trying to keep all site stuff going to my 'Grady' email address, and only my classmate stuff going to my 'USFireMarshal' classmate email.

I'm such a pest :-}

Edited 11/30/23 9:12 AM
Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 9:16 AM - Response #4

I edited your post to not include full email addresses on a public support forum.

When you click on Contact Us what you are seeing is that it is GIRO filling in your personal information for you to send a contact form to an admin. That is the sender info that we prefilled in if a user is logged in. If you fill out the form it should go to the email you listed under Preferences.

Jessica

Friday, December 1, 2023 at 9:52 AM - Response #5

Tried sending 'contact us' form logged in and another logged out and using 'BatGirl' and 'kg4yuu@...'

logged in one went to usfiremarshal@...(classmate email) and none went to grady@... (site email).... the logged out one never arrived - moon shot? (update - took about a day later, but the logged out 'contact us' forms finally also went to usfiremarshal@... - still none went to grady@...)

oops on the full email address in a public forum - got it

Edited 12/05/23 9:22 AM
Tuesday, December 5, 2023 at 9:13 AM - Response #6

under site email it says:

Recommendation: Use your personal email address,or set up a separate email box and enter the address above if you wish to separate your web site emails from your personal emails.

...which is what I was trying to do but it doesn't seem to work that way?

Edited 12/05/23 9:14 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.