ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Self-Birthday and Definition of Upcoming

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/06/13 12:19 PM Views: 942 Replies: 2
Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM

This question relates SOLELY to the e-mails being sent to fellow classmates.....

Question 1: Would a classmate receive a Birthday Notification for himself/herself, as well, or do they only receive notifications for OTHER classmates to whom they are subscribed?

Question 2: On the Notify Me page, you have the option of turning on/off birthday notifications, but the verbiage says "upcoming" birthdays. My question is whether these e-mails come out on the "day" of the birthday...or whether they come out a certain number of days prior...or perhaps on a given day to cover birthdays occurring over the next week?

My reason for asking is that one of my classmates whose birthday was August 29th had noticed that she did not see a birthday notification on the 26th of August (three days prior) for HER own birthday, yet a fellow classmate was listed on that e-mail with a birthday of 31 August (a date "after").

Thank you.

Richard

Monday, October 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #1

1. Classmates do not receive a reminder of their own upcoming birthdays. Yes, only receive notification for those they follow AND who have set their birthday share preferences to be seen by classmates. 2. Birthday notification are triggered 7 days prior to the birthday date. Your classmate would not have received a notification of her own birthday.

Monday, October 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM - Response #2

Hi Richard & Scott,

Just wanted to add that I also see birthday notifications for classmates on THE DAY of the Birthday. In addition to a week in advance like Scott mentioned. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.