ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

making some information required

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/26/09 11:42 AM Views: 1640 Replies: 8
Monday, October 26, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Hi,

i was wondering how i can make key information required for members to fill-in during initial sign-up and profile creation. The objective is to aid in member verification.

I was hoping i could add fields in the profile such as section in high-school, class adviser, or name atleast 2 classmates during high-school.

Your advise would be very much appreciated.

thanx,
georg

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM - Response #1

Click your Profile Generator link, click the Add Question button to add your own custom questions, and then click the little checkbox on the screen to make the question required.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:43 PM - Response #2

But even though a question is required, it doesn't mean that the answer to the question, entered by a classmate is just a space, or junk to get by the required question.

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM - Response #3

That's true. Somebody could enter a bunch of jibborish to get past a required question. Hopefully most will answer it honestly.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 12:40 AM - Response #4

thanks for the quick response.
how about making birthdays required or other pre-defined fields required.
how do i make them required

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 3:17 AM - Response #5

You can control required or not on your own default questions, but you cannot control required or not on default system questions. None of the default questions are required. For instance, Birthday is not required. If it were and somebody was opposed to listing their Birthday then they'd be stuck having to input a false Birthday just to get past your requirement. Having wrong information is worse than not having any information. Thus, on the questions that come with the system required or not is predetermined. Having said that though, if there is a default question you really want to make required, you can always deactivate it and then add it back to the system as a custom question. And then make it required. I believe the 4 exceptions to this are state, country, attending reunion, and Birthday. Those 4 default questions have ties to other system functionality thus deactivating any of those 4 questions and recreating them as custom questions wouldn't work. All of the rest could be deactivated and recreated with a requirement.

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM - Response #6

thank you for that explanation.
i appreciate, too, the one on dafault question and system functionality tie up

Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 7:33 PM - Response #7

Brad,
Is the little round circle what you are refering to as "little checkbox?" I don't see anything else on the page. I clicked on the round circle. I then went to a profile page and didn't see where it's *= Required.

Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM - Response #8

I already had some questions and wanted to change them to required. I wanted to reword one of the questions and when I did I saw the required box. So to answer my own question you have to generate a question or edit it to find the required box.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.