ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey question format

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/24/14 12:34 PM Views: 810 Replies: 4
Monday, March 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Is there a way to create a second paragraph or an ordered list within a survey question? I can only get the question to appear as one continuous block of text no matter how hard I try to add a return, an Alt-return, a numbered list, whatever. Is there a way to use BBCode in the question box?

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 1:36 PM - Response #1

What is the question that you are trying to ask? If I can see it, I might have an idea to format it.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM - Response #2

Scott,
I don’t have a specific example at the moment but being a bit long-winded, I frequently ask a question that takes a couple of paragraphs to explain fully. I can’t get the survey form to allow multiple paragraphs. I can put them into the draft that way but on the form it appears as one large paragraph. On occasion I have asked something that required several conditions that I wanted to show as a list with letters, “A. Conditiion One, B. Condition Two, C. etc. “ . Again, it can’t be set up in my draft form as a vertically arranged list but when it becomes the survey form, it comes out as one block of text with the list looking just about like it does in the above sentence. Please let me know if there is a way to format those questions better.
Thanks,
Reid

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 1:07 PM - Response #3

I just did a quick test and found out if you put < br > (no spaces*) after a line it will end the line as you desire. You can also use < p >Your paragraph test< /p > to get paragraph spacing. (again no spaces*)

So with both of these you should be able to format the way I read it. (*remove the spaces between the < > marks - done here so it shows up)

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM - Response #4

Scott, thanks for that little tip. I didn't know you could add BBCode in the form and having now tested it, it works beautifully. I'll have to experiment a bit with different commands to see what works best in each situation but you have definitely solved my problem. Many thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.