ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

problem with legend box on Classmate Profile page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/23/12 06:38 PM Views: 1453 Replies: 6
Friday, March 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Hi
I used to be able to click on the items in the outlined box on the "Classmate Profile" page (shows the icons with "User Created Profile", etc., as well as the links underneath that box that could filter "Last Updated" or "Newest Members", etc.) and be taken to a list of those that fit that criteria.

Now I see that those filter options are in a separate outlined box with a "Show Yearbook Photos" button. When I click on ANY of these filter options in either place, it does not list those classmates, but instead gives me this message:

"This note can be seen by Administrator only. You have not yet uploaded any Yearbook Photos. Take the following steps to display Yearbook Photos on this page:

1) Click on the Manage Classmates link.
2) Click the Enter/Edit Classmates link.
3) Click the "Add" link under the Yearbook Photos column."

Will that be fixed so we can filter the lists of classmates again?

Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM - Response #1

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. The only way I can actually see the list is by hiding yearbook photos but you have to continually do this each time. I will be anxious to see how to resolve this issue!

Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM - Response #2

Hi Judy and Kim,

I have a programmer checking into this item that is displaying for admins who are logged in on sites that do not have any admin entered yearbook photos. There is nothing you will need to do to fix this. We just need to add an additional catch in the code for admins who have not entered any yearbook photos.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM - Response #3

Only your admins (and maybe just you) are seeing this problem.

I know it is a hassle, but you can temporarily fix this problem by clicking in the address window of your browser, clicking the END key, and deleting this from the URL: &yp_not=yet

and then pressing ENTER. This will cause the page to reload without the problem.

This is just a temporary work-around for you so you can use the Classmate Profile filters. We do have a programmer working on this problem.

Kyle Erickson
Class Creator

Sunday, March 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Kyle - I haven't tried that yet but I did have my husband (same graduating class) log on to see if his did the same thing. It did not, so it does appear to be an admin-only problem.

Monday, March 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM - Response #5

This should be resolved for everyone now including admins.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM - Response #6

Thanks - all is well.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.