ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page size

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/23/08 03:00 PM Views: 1460 Replies: 10
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 3:00 PM

I should be able to figure this out, but I'm afraid to touch it. My page is a whole one half inch short, 10 inches compared to 10 and 1/2 inches and my script is scrunched. I am guess it has to do with centering verses left margining it. Just want to be sure before I touch anything. Thank you!!!!.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM - Response #1

It's a half inch short of what? Are you saying your page looks shorter than it used to before? I'm not seeing any problems with your site. Nor do I see any scrunched script. If there is a problem with some text on your site, please direct me to the exact page and text you're referring to.

Are you possibly viewing your site in a view mode less than 100%? Make sure you are looking at your site at 100% zoom, and not some reduced view.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 10:41 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad, I meant my page was a half inch shorter horizontally. Some I see are 10 and 1/2 inches and the text is not so boxy. Ok, so if I guess it's ok. Maybe I am just imagining that it is appearing different???? Confused Thank you

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM - Response #3

Are you comparing your site to a site using a different template? Some of the templates are a little different in length. For instance, the new template 6 is quite a bit wider than other templates, as people were asking for more room for content and third party plugins. Anyone who switches to templtae 6 will have more room for content.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 12:16 AM - Response #4

Most likely. I'll take another look around. Meantime, changing templates in my case could prove disastrous. What would happen if I just changed templates??? Yikes...probably have to adjust everything, right? I think I'll just play it safe for now. Thanks for your help. Bonita

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 1:20 AM - Response #5

Well, you can find out in about 2 seconds. Change your template, and tell me if it was disasterous or not. If it was, then change it back. I'm going to guess it will not be disasterous. Smile

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 2:02 PM - Response #6

Embarassed Ok, so I should learn to read what's right there! It says just click and click back to change back! I am just a big chicken when it comes to clicking and changing things I'm not sure of!! But, I have alot of trust in you!! So, I did it! Not only does this give me that extra 1/2 inch, I like the design better. Thanks, Brad. I'll try to not be such a pest. Bonita

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 10:13 PM - Response #7

Why change now?

(i'm just teasin' ya)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 11:38 PM - Response #8

Brad, you are right...why change? Well, I keep seeing such good looking sites that mine feels less than interesting....When I did change, had a few glitches with some overlapping stuff, so my co and I are playing with it...probably just leave it for now..Sigh....Thank YOU...

Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 4:19 AM - Response #9

I was actually referencing your comment about being such a pest. But that's ok, it was just my poor attempt at humor...

If you change to the new site and there is a problem just let me know. Whenever you launch something new like this, that has to work with thousands of sites, there can and will be little things we couldn't have anticipated. So we sometimes need to make a little tweak here and there if sumthin' "funny" is happening that we weren't expecting.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 11:47 AM - Response #10

Hahaha...sorry, no, it is funny. I missed it...My kind of sense of humor, actually.

I have my co admin involved in the page design and seems last night she used the new template?? I'll be back in touch with her today about it. When I had it on, I believe template 5, two pages had part of the template running into the title on one and the wording on another. I didn't want to "be a pest" so thought twice about asking you how to fix it!!! Meantime, I so appreciate what you do AND your sense of humor. May be posting asking for help again sooner than later....Bonita

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.