ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Website Designs, Right Side Border

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/04/13 08:46 PM Views: 1046 Replies: 6
Monday, February 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM

What's the chance on your list down the road to add a 'broader' right side border to Design #8. The themed designs have a bolder right side to separate from background. Design #8 does not, and for that matter the 3 custom designs do not either. Basically, complete a 'frame'.

I have a background that I really like which has motion within. Problem is, I get a bit too much white on white with design #8 and my background. A simple Bold and slightly wide border on right would be perfect, and black would be fine.

Probably not high on your list, but if you run out of stuff to do. Very Happy

Edited 02/04/13 9:29 PM
Monday, February 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM - Response #1

Brad has said that the page Width of 1000 and the content Width of 685 are fixed in consideration of FB interface requirements.

IOW, everything has to fit within those specs. Changing the right border width would expand both of those.

You can manually modify this, but then it might not work on FB. Not an issue for us.

Not too hard to make background black, although I've never done that yet. Still experimenting.

Edited 02/04/13 9:57 PM
Monday, February 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM - Response #2

Any way to make your animation on a black background? That would look really cool. This particular design won't be changing now that it's in production.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM - Response #3

Then I may have to switch to design 7, which resolves this completely. A bit too formal for my taste, but that is just me. I like the curves and the flow design.

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Any way to make your animation on a black background? That would look really cool. This particular design won't be changing now that it's in production.

Hi Brad,

Maybe. I will explore that possibility. I had to do a lot of begging and whining to get what I have.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM - Response #5

Brad Switzer wrote:

Check it out Brad and Jack!!! What do you think? I didn't think changing to black background would look right but it does!!!

Thanks for your suggestions. And I thank my secret source, Heather's Animations. She did it for me originally 3 years ago, but I had to whine a lot. This time she just did it ASAP.

I didn't realize, this thing has 18 LAYERS of the figure head, plus 3 layers of the word WARRRIORS.

Edited 02/05/13 7:31 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM - Response #6

There ya go! Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.