ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Message download?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/11/13 04:46 PM Views: 899 Replies: 3
Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM

As a class of 71 and 72 year olds, we will inevitably be losing members more frequently as time goes on. One of our classmates who is in the hospital now for the second time in 6 months asks if it is possible to download all of the messages that she has received. Many, many well wishing classmates have been sending messages and she would like, when her "time comes", for her children and grandchildren to have a file containing all of these messages. Is there a way that I can do it for her or she can do it before "then"?
Thanks,
Mike
(I expect her to recover this time, but one never knows, do one?)

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM - Response #1

With any webpage, you can save the contents to a text file or to an HTML file that you can load locally. This is a basic feature of any web browser.

Also the page will still be on the website, and you can always create a guest login for her family to use if she wishes to give them direct access and the class doesn't mind.

Otherwise, she could always just give her family her email address and password.

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM - Response #2

I understand that you can download and save any individual message but is there a way to "automatically" bulk download all the messages for a single classmate?

Monday, March 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM - Response #3

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you meant profile comments, not message center messages. We do not have an available way to download those messages in bulk. The recommendation would be to just open the messages and copy the content into a text document to share them outside the website.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.