ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Fields

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/06/09 11:17 AM Views: 1188 Replies: 2
Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I use Access to keep the Alumni up to date. This is getting to be a lot of work because of so many people updating their profile. Right now we have 2,700 profiles out of a possible 26,000. When someone updates their profile I have to change my records in Access. This is getting to be pages and pages of changes. It is not so simple that I can use CC to do my mailing lists. Some people do not put their address on CC but I have it anyway.
What I am thinking is if you had a few other fields in CC I could code them and base my mailings on this code. For example, I use #1 for address that I know are correct and #9 if it is lost. It goes further in that if someone is a golfer they get "golf" mail.
I may not be explaining this correct but I am trying to make this easy. A few extra fields may make that easier.

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 11:25 AM - Response #1

Are you talking about a few more "classmate hidden" fields like the current field we have called "Admin Comments"? Do you want more fields only for the Admin that are not visible or changable by the classmate?

Sunday, September 6, 2009 at 4:03 PM - Response #2

Fields for Admin only. Yes! Maybe a field for numbers or maybe even for $. I am not sure about that. I just know that I need a few more fields.

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Are you talking about a few more "classmate hidden" fields like the current field we have called "Admin Comments"? Do you want more fields only for the Admin that are not visible or changable by the classmate?

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.