ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Aligning Text and Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/11/11 09:08 PM Views: 1117 Replies: 4
Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Am having a really bad time trying to have the collage in one column and the text in the next align at the top.

Also, would you take a look at the tables for indexs and see why their is so much space around the table entry in "real time" and not in the edit mode?

These problems are on page "Focus on the 50s" in my site FengerJune1958.com."

Many thanks!
Carole

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 8:14 AM - Response #1

I added the valign="top" code to make it vertically aligned at the top.

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM - Response #2

Many thanks, Kyle! I guess designation "top" in image properties doesn't do the trick.

Could you please take a look at all the space around the indexes? It doesn't look the same in real mode that it does in edit mode.

Thanks again!
Carole

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 12:34 PM - Response #3

Carole, you've stumped me with this one. I tried copying the code for that page to a new file and saving it on my own computer, and when I open it I see the table borders properly rendered as expected. For some reason, when viewed in context of your site the same code renders properly in Firefox but not in Internet Explorer, even though it shows up in the editor.

I've solicited opinions from the rest of our team, and when we are able to pin this one down we'll let you know!

Monday, September 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM - Response #4

Thanks. It's always good to know that you're not doing some dumb thing.

Your note brings up something that's been bothering me. I've done most of the work on my site in AOL. Since it crashes often and at the wrong time, I've been using Firefox. The problem comes in when I look at the same material in one site and then on the other. They don't disploay the same at all.

I shudder when I think of how others view my carefully worked and planned layouts. And, I don't suppose there's anything I can do about it.

Woefully, Carole

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.