ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Galleries into tiers?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/30/13 09:08 PM Views: 1091 Replies: 11
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:08 PM

We are in chat and this question has been asked:
"my photo galleries have about 20 individual galleries. How do I get them to individual tiers."

The question was just rephrased:
"Clarifying my question: my photo galleries page has about 20 individual galleries. How do I get them each to individual tiers.
I can embed them BUT that means still having a Gallery page and taking up more space."

Another member asked:
"The previous Root Admin uploaded our 50th Reunion pics onto two pages - and some within a "group of galleries" on one of those pages. I want to get them all into a single Reunion pics page (where we might also do some of the whiz-bang flyout stuf) - so how I move a gallery from one page to another (and I sure hope it's possible)."

Edited 01/30/13 9:11 PM
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:13 PM - Response #1

And a new TAP member and first time in chat gave the answer... as per the webinar and videos, I believe:
"The main page of the Gallery with sub pages like for 50th reunion day 1, 50th reunion day 2 and so on."

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM - Response #2

I don't think this answers my Q. (but maybe I'm just missing the point).

Anyway, what I want to know is once a gallery's been created and uploaded and located on a particular page, is it possible to move it to another page without having to re-upload all the pics into a "new new" gallery on that page?

And if so, how is done? Question

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM - Response #3

Smile Jim.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM - Response #4

Use the Gallery Creator, create a new Navigational Link. Edit the gallery. Change the associated navigational link associated with the gallery by choosing a new Navigational Link in the drop-down. Save the changes.

You would now have two pages (or more). You can now have each of these pages as a fly-out page by dragging one page below and indented above the other page.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:26 AM - Response #5

Whoa! Robert! Jim! All links are visible in the drop down menu!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:29 AM - Response #6

I'm having this same problem. There seems to be a disconnect -- those that understand how to do it don't understand what it is the rest of us don't understand!!Shocked

I guess I need blow-by-blow instructions and maybe others do too.

[*] I went to "Gallery Creator", where I have 4 galleries that I want to associate with new fly-out links.
[*] I created a "new Navigation Link" (No drop-down lists here.)
[*] I opened the new link in "edit", wrote a description, pressed "continue" and found myself back at the Gallery Creator page.

I now have no idea where to go to associate an existing gallery to this new link.

(BTW, when I make my new Nav Link live, it shows up AS THE HOME PAGE (same coding). Different problem, but Weird.)

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM - Response #7

Bevshul,

What you want to do is NOT EDIT THE NAVIGATIONAL LINK, but EDIT THE GALLERY. On the EDIT for the gallery, there is a drop-down list of all of the navigational links that you can associate your gallery with.

The drop-down to look for is titled "Within Link:" and when you click on the drop-down menu, it will show you your "Reunions", "10", "36", "40" and "45" navigational links to choose from. Currently all of your photo gallery pages are associated with your "Reunions" navigational link. But you can make each gallery associated with a different link. Then you will be able to have each gallery on it's own fly-out menu.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM - Response #8

Hallelujah! So easy once the penny drops. Thanks so much, Kyle.

Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM - Response #9

I'm still have trouble with this. I created three new links, positioned them under the original photo gallery. But when I try to edit the photo galleries to split up the photos, the only option I see is the original gallery. What am I doing wrong? It doesn't seem to matter if the new links are active or not.

Edited 02/03/13 12:44 PM
Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM - Response #10

Camille,
So you created a navigational link for each of the galleries you want to be in the fly-out, right? Then you moved each of the galleries under the navigational link you just made, right?

Here is a thought... be sure each of the navigational links is ACTIVE. Smile Also, go to the EDIT SITE PAGES to password protect them, if you want them hidden.

If this is not it... hm. Let us know! Smile

Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM - Response #11

I created three links for the fly-outs and moved them all under the original link. When I go into the original link to try to move the photos to the sublinks, the only option that shows up is the original link. It does not seem to matter whether or not the fly-out links are active.

A really big thank you to Gwen for helping me out! It's working perfectly now.

Edited 02/04/13 4:35 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.