ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

missing classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/19/09 10:31 AM Views: 1387 Replies: 10
Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I have a question, even though classmates have completed their profiles, they are still listed under missing classmates. Why would that be?
Do I have to go in each time and remove their names from that area? I hope not.
Thanks, Bonnie

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM - Response #1

Maybe you have it set to require a home address for them not to be considered missing? If they didn't enter their address when they created their profile, they're still missing...

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 11:41 AM - Response #2

Please give me an example Classmate name who has joined the site yet appears on the Missing Classmates page.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM - Response #3

Cheryl LeCuyer and Laura Zeiter
there are a few others too.
thanks, Bonnie

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 2:49 PM - Response #4

Neither one of these people have joined your site, which is why they're appearing on the Missing Classmates page. For somebody to actually join your site, they have to go to the Classmate Profiles page, click on their own name, and complete the 5-step member wizard (which is where the user assigns him or herself a password). I can tell when somebody has never joined a web site very simply, because when I look at their record the password field is blank. Which is the case here, i.e. these two people have never joined.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM - Response #5

But when I look at those people who have rsvp'd for the reunion, didnt they have to sign into the website and set up their profile?
They show as attending the reunion.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM - Response #6

No. If those people signed up for your reunion, they would be listed under your Attendees area (under your Reunion Planner link) -- but they are not there.

Now, you as the Administrator have the ability to manually turn on the "attending reunion" icon. But it sounds like you didn't do that. So... We know the Classmate didn't do it, since the Classmate never joined. We know you didn't do it, since you say you don't know how this icon got turned on. And that leaves only one other possibility: Your other Administrator turned it on. In fact, seeing as how that's the only thing that could possibly have happened, that's what it was.

Friday, February 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM - Response #7

okay I went to the reunion planner link and I found that I do have the yes button checked to allow classmates to sign up for the reunion online.
I do not see a button for an icon to show they will be there. Where is it located?
thanks, Bonnie

Friday, February 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM - Response #8

The "attending reunion" icon automatically turns on when your Classmates register. But you (or they) can also turn on the icon manually in the Profile edit area.

Friday, February 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM - Response #9

Now I am really confused......
in the last email you sent you said that I had the capibility of turning it on....and you said I did not do that.

I am just trying to figure out why classmates that have registered are still in the missing classmate column.
is there someone that could look at my site and fix it for me if I do not have something checked?

Friday, February 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM - Response #10

Hi Bonnie,

You have one other administrator. If you did not turn on the icon and the classmate themselves have not joined the site or registered for the reunion than what Brad was saying is that the only other person who could have that access is the other site administrator. Please ask them if they turned on the attending reunion icon for those two classmates.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.