ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Event Planner and Deposits

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/15/15 12:37 PM Views: 1117 Replies: 8
Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Our Class is planning our reunion in Sept and I have watched the Event Planner video. We were thinking about asking people for a deposit to use for expenses prior to the Reunion. I did not see a place for people to pay a deposit and then later pay the balance of the Reunion Cost.

Is there a way to have people pay a deposit?

Thanks,

Joan Schutz Mohlman

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 9:22 AM - Response #1

I think you would need to add an item for sale called "Deposit", then have classmates pay the deposit. You could then email those who made the deposit and let them know that a "Deposit-Paid Ticket" is available for purchase when they should pay the amount owed.

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM - Response #2

Thank you, we are still deciding if we want to have classmates pay deposits so this will be very helpful in our planning.

Joan

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM - Response #3

You could also consider instead of classmates paying a deposit, say that the first 10-20 tickets purchased will get a 10% discount, then after those tickets are purchased, raise the price to the normal price. You could use this way to entice classmates to pay for their tickets up front so you have the start-up money for deposits on venues, etc.

They would still be paying for their entire ticket, but it would be discounted. It seems like easier accounting than making two payments per classmate.

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 7:25 PM - Response #4

Kyle,

Great Idea. I will discuss this with our Reunion Committee.

Joan

Monday, February 16, 2015 at 8:57 PM - Response #5

In fact, you wouldn't need to raise the ticket prices, just deactivate the discounted tickets and create full price tickets. If you ever need the discounted tickets again, you could just activate them again. When the reports module is finished, it would list all of the classmates who purchased the discounted tickets separately than the other tickets.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM - Response #6

Kyle,

That sounds like a great idea.

Joan

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM - Response #7

We have decided not to do deposits. I had already gotten 4 deposits (from Reunion Committee Members) before we decided not to accept them.

To process these deposits I made the spouse of these classmates guest members and processed the payment (deposit) for the dinner for just them and marked them paid. When the classmate registers for the Reunion they will only register themselves for the dinner. They will register themselves and spouse for all other events.

Will this be a problem Question

I did a test registration for myself to see how the registration would work for those sending me a check. Is there a way to cancel that registrationQuestion For now I just made a notation that this was a test. The Transaction is in my name: Joan Schutz (Mohlman) Transaction ID 103713 04/01/2015 10:00 AM $0.00 $0.00

Thanks, Joan

Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM - Response #8

You can edit the transaction and "delete" it, but for now it will still display. We will be adding the ability to hide the deleted transactions soon. We are going to keep a record of all transactions though. As for the first question, I do not see an issue with that as long as you are okay with that scenario.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.