Done.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 2:07 PM - Response #2

Please change "Mason City" to "Mason City High School"

Thanks,
Bryan

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM - Response #3

Done.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM - Response #4

Please adjust our school name to Vandalia-Butler High School. Thanks.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM - Response #5

Danka Very Happy

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM - Response #6

Vandalia Community updated to Vandalia-Butler High School.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:13 PM - Response #7

Thanks - you guys rock!!

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM - Response #8

Hi,
This in response to the email requesting Admin's to check out their school's name as it appears in the FB Class Connection app.

Searched for 'Clearwater High School' and 'Clearwater. For both the first listing shown was

Clearwater
Clearwater, FL

When checking for years other than '61, the search shows only Clearwater YYYY in the header of the FB page. Note: the app on our ClassCreator site for Class of'61 shows the correct listing 'Clearwater High School'. Suggest changing your DB name to

Clearwater High School
Clearwater, FL

Noticed that there were other Clearwater, FL schools with their full names shown.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM - Response #9

Please change St. Catherine's School Multi Year 1956-1991 to
St. Catherine's School Multi Year 1956 - 1994

Yesterday I entered new member Edith Perrone Class Year 1991 when it should have been 1994. I couldn't go beyond 1991, forgot how to move beyond the last class year.

Is there a log out on FB /Class Connection APP ? Does X ing out close the website completely?

Thanks.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM - Response #10

Please change Anadarko to Anadarko High School.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM - Response #11

Couple things here:

1) I changed "Clearwater" to "Clearwater High School"

2) You can't use the join screen to visit other classes. Once you have joined your Class Connection account is locked to only your own class year. To bounce around other classes click the Visit Another Class link.

John McDaniel wrote:

Hi,
This in response to the email requesting Admin's to check out their school's name as it appears in the FB Class Connection app.

Searched for 'Clearwater High School' and 'Clearwater. For both the first listing shown was

Clearwater
Clearwater, FL

When checking for years other than '61, the search shows only Clearwater YYYY in the header of the FB page. Note: the app on our ClassCreator site for Class of'61 shows the correct listing 'Clearwater High School'. Suggest changing your DB name to

Clearwater High School
Clearwater, FL

Noticed that there were other Clearwater, FL schools with their full names shown.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM - Response #12

Done.

Buddy Kidd wrote:

Please change Anadarko to Anadarko High School.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM - Response #13

1) School name changed as requested.

2) You need to change the year span on your Preferences page. I changed it to 1994 while I was in there.

3) No there is no logout. Facebook itself is the login/logout. If you want to log out, just log out of Facebook.

Thelma Alcordo wrote:

Please change St. Catherine's School Multi Year 1956-1991 to
St. Catherine's School Multi Year 1956 - 1994

Yesterday I entered new member Edith Perrone Class Year 1991 when it should have been 1994. I couldn't go beyond 1991, forgot how to move beyond the last class year.

Is there a log out on FB /Class Connection APP ? Does X ing out close the website completely?

Thanks.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 4:22 PM - Response #14

Thank you thank youTHANK YOU

Edited 03/14/14 4:23 PM
Friday, March 14, 2014 at 4:59 PM - Response #15

Please adjust Plainedge to read Plainedge High School.

Also, there are duplicates. Plainedge High School is located in Massapequa, NY.

The Plainedge, NY and North Massapequa, NY locations can be removed.

Thank you!

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 5:18 PM - Response #16

Francine I changed your school name. Is the school in Plainedge, New York possibly also really the same school as your Plainedge? i.e. do they need to be merged? Otherwise there's a legitimate class under that school with 615 active members.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 6:03 PM - Response #17

Could you change my school from Great Bend to Great Bend High School.

Thanks!!!

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM - Response #18

Inglemoor High School (not Inglemoor Senior)

It's also not in Bothell, but Kenmore, WA

Somebody entered these and never created a site.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM - Response #19

Could you adjust our name to be Alton Senior High School Thanks.

I originally, set it up as Alton High School but neither one of those are on your list.

btw just tried again to get my photo to come up on the profile it still does not work out right... oh bother...Confused It still says I have no photos in my profile and my profile in class creator is full with photos.

Edited 03/14/14 6:46 PM
Friday, March 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM - Response #20

Thanks for posting this. That's EXACTLY the problem with current search I was trying to explain to Brad in another topic.

Your school is now called Alton High School LINK

I think the term "Senior" was prevalent during the time when there were "Junior High Schools" which are now called Middle Schools. Hence they called them Senior High Schools. And now that is dropped.

Therefore, the term Senior needs to be ignored in searching so that either a school with or without "Senior" all show up (also Sr). It all depends on when someone went to that school.

And then the year has to be shown for active classes. It's a very small list for all the schools I've been researching using the regular CC search system HERE

Click Illinois, then Alton. Notice the THREE different spellings of your school: Alton, Alton Senior and Alton Sr. Obviously each person has their own idea of what it should be. They are ALL correct.

Also notice that the list is quite small and much more valuable than the way searches are done now.

Instant searches with NO misses - except that some are empty schools that were never finished. A lot more precise than FBCC search.

Emma Christensen wrote:

I originally, set it up as Alton High School but neither one of those are on your list.

btw just tried again to get my photo to come up on the profile it still does not work out right... oh bother...Confused

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM - Response #21

Done.

Scott Miller wrote:

Could you change my school from Great Bend to Great Bend High School.

Thanks!!!

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM - Response #22

Well that was actually fun (if you wanna call it that). Smile You just threw at me the most complex mess I've seen yet.

Bottom line, as Jack stated, there were 3 unique Alton listings in the database, all being the exact same Alton. Furthermore, under these 3 Altons there were 3 classes of 1974. Only 1 of the 74s was real. The other were 2 poor people who joined the wrong Alton on the app under the 2nd Alton listing. And the final Alton had 0 members in the class of 1974, due to somebody attempting to join the app and not completing the join process. I can certainly see why.

Even if all of that made no sense it really doesn't matter, because the bottom line is now there is only 1 "Alton Senior High School" and there are 16 classes correctly categorized under it. It is now impossible to join either of the other 2 Altons, as they no longer exist.

Just FYI, what's really great about this example you just provided is I sat right here with a programmer and on the fly created tools to allow the Support people to make changes like this in the future, NOT the programers. And believe me there's a whole lot of value in that. You're all set here.

Whew! Smile Coffee break!

Emma Christensen wrote:

btw just tried again to get my photo to come up on the profile it still does not work out right... oh bother...Confused It still says I have no photos in my profile and my profile in class creator is full with photos.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM - Response #23

Oh by the way the way the system currently works master, photo, then, now, and yearbook photo aren't considered gallery photos. Go into Edit Profile Mode. You'll see you have zero photos uploaded. Gallery photos appear in a separate area of your Profile. They're much larger than the little photo thumbs at the top of the Profile.

Emma Christensen wrote:

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 9:59 PM - Response #24

There are two Roswell NM High Schools listed. "ROSWELL HIGH" and "ROSWELL". Our school is Roswell High School, Roswell NM. The other High School in Roswell NM is Goddard High School, Roswell NM. Goddard was first used in 1966 and is still used today. Roswell High School was the original High School in Roswell, NM and is also still in use today.

Please make these corrections.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 10:06 PM - Response #25

Surely Tommy. All set.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 10:16 PM - Response #26
Still Dups.jpg

Brad Switzer wrote:

Even if all of that made no sense it really doesn't matter, because the bottom line is now there is only 1 "Alton Senior High School" and there are 16 classes correctly categorized under it. It is now impossible to join either of the other 2 Altons, as they no longer exist.

The attached, taken at 7:15 pm Pacific time, still shows duplicates.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 10:20 PM - Response #27

Working on an individual class merge tool now, one moment.

Friday, March 14, 2014 at 11:39 PM - Response #28

Oh my. Let me know when you are ready for McHenry. Wink

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 12:40 AM - Response #29

Please adjust "Fort Hunt" to "Fort Hunt High School" when you can. Thanks!!! Very Happy

--Terry

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 12:51 AM - Response #30

All set. Smile

Teresa "Terry" Alers wrote:

Please adjust "Fort Hunt" to "Fort Hunt High School" when you can. Thanks!!! Very Happy

--Terry

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 1:01 AM - Response #31

That was quick! Thanks Smile

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 1:06 AM - Response #32

You gotta watch me after midnight, I'm dangerous.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 1:44 AM - Response #33

I'll say! Wink No rest for the weary... Cheers!

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 8:12 AM - Response #34

Thank you Brad. Yes, the school listed in Plainedge, NY is the same school as the Plainedge in Massapequa. It is the Class of 72. I assume it can be merged without "losing" the class? I don't know why they come up as being in Plainedge, NY.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM - Response #35

Merged. All set here.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM - Response #36

Hi Brad and CCCrew!
Please adjust our class name to Bradford High School.
Thanks for all your hard work,diligence and attention to details. May you get some well deserved rest soon!
Happy St.Patrick's Day to you all!
Thanks again.

Edited 03/15/14 3:39 PM
Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 4:36 PM - Response #37

Done.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM - Response #38

When I entered Sammamish High School, the name that shows up is "Sammamish, Bellevue, Washington." Which is correct, however, how can I tell that this is OUR class website? We are the Class of 1961. There are at least two other Sammamish High School classes on ClassCreator (classes of 1962 and 1963). Should the name of our school be changed to:
"Sammamish High School Class of 1961, Bellevue, Washington," to distinguish it from the other two sites?

Thanks!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM - Response #39

No. After selecting school you are asked to select class year.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 4:31 PM - Response #40

Great! Thank you. So, just change the name from "Sammamish" to "Sammamish High School." Thanks!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM - Response #41

Done.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 6:12 PM - Response #42

Please adjust our name to Washington High School.

Thanks,

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM - Response #43

Renny, done.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM - Response #44

Thank you!!! Smile

Sunday, March 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM - Response #45

As most others seem to be asking, please change Galesburg to Galesburg High School.

Thanks!

Monday, March 17, 2014 at 1:30 AM - Response #46

Dale, done.

Monday, March 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM - Response #47

We need a school name adjustment as well. We are listed as Miami Carol City Senior, and there are two listed as such. The name should be Miami Carol City Senior High School. And there is no link under Member Functions for this Facebook Connect.

Monday, March 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM - Response #48

Betsy, done.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:40 PM - Response #49

Ours comes up South Pasadena and South Pasadena Senior. Could we remove both and show South Pasadena High School?

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM - Response #50

Bruce, done.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM - Response #51

Brad, Can you change the name of a new site I am setting up to Morningside Elementary High School to Morningside Elementary School?
Thanks!
Pat

Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 7:12 PM - Response #52

Done.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM - Response #53

Check again -it still has "High" in the name...

Friday, April 11, 2014 at 12:51 AM - Response #54

Are you talking about the master school name on the Facebook app? If you're just talking about your own site's name you can click your Change Design link and change the name to anything you'd like.

Friday, April 11, 2014 at 11:24 AM - Response #55

Thanks, Brad. For some odd reason, I could not scroll down to that section when I went back to Design Link after initially setting it up. This kind of thing seems to be happening with Firefox, so I may just start working in Chrome when I need to work on my websites. I will be turning this new one (Morningside) over to someone else - I just set it up to get them started. Smile I keep bringing in new recruits whenever I can!

Friday, April 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM - Response #56

Well we're certainly all for that. Smile Thanks!

Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM - Response #57

There are two choices for our school Guilderland in the dropdown, image attached.
I think the misspelled one was my test attempt - or perhaps someone else's attempt.

I don't think it is active - can you delete that one? I'm sure it will confuse some folks. I know I tried it just to see what would happen.... I was the only one attached to it!

Once that is cleaned up, I'll select the option to make Class Connection live for our class.

Many thanks!

Sunday, April 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM - Response #58

I removed the misspelled school. This is very important:

Please do exactly this:

1) Log into Facebook, click Settings, Apps, and delete Class Connection.
2) Activate the Class Connection app under your class web site Preference's page
3) Log into your class web site and click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions.
4) Click the blue Join Class button, and accept the app permissions.

You are now connected to the right class.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM - Response #59

I think I need another "reset". I saw my CC photo on the "join" page in FB, but when I accepted the access, got the message proceeding to class page, but instead I received the join page again without my photo. I was using IE browser.

I removed the app from FB again and tried it from Firefox, but I didn't get the CC info, just the join page without any identifying photo.

thanks for your help.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 12:36 PM - Response #60

Do two things please:

1) Clear all cookies in your browser
2) Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies. If you're blocking them you can't log in.

Please let me know if this gets you in.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM - Response #61

After I click OK to permit Class Connection, it brings me back to the blue join screen without personalization.

When I enter "Guilderland" and year - 1972, it connects me to the misspelled school CC website.
Guilderland Central Scdool Class of 1972

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM - Response #62

Without going back into the app at all first, you need to do exactly this (if you go back in right now before doing the below you'll bind with the wrong school again):

1) Log into Facebook, click Settings, Apps, and delete Class Connection.
2) Log into your class web site and click the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions.
3) Click the blue Join Class button, and accept the app permissions.

You are now connected to the right class. I removed the incorrect class name so once you've completed the above, nobody else can ever join the wrong school again.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM - Response #63

Whoo hoo! I'm in - thanks so much for your help!
Now we can start inviting folks to participate.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM - Response #64

Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.