ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Image Editor Not there

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/04/08 02:45 PM Views: 1391 Replies: 10
Monday, August 4, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Can someone please help me!!!??? I am trying to upload a picture on a customized page and can't see the image editor & all of my text is in website cursor mode(for lack right tech lingo). How do I fix this????

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 4:57 PM - Response #1

Is the SOURCE button dimmed? If you're seeing all the code, then you did not click to turn off source after pasting code.

To upload a photo, click the picture icon in your editor. The uploader will display and you can select the photo to upload.

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 6:37 PM - Response #2

Michelle Lowery wrote:

Can someone please help me!!!??? I am trying to upload a picture on a customized page and can't see the image editor & all of my text is in website cursor mode(for lack right tech lingo). How do I fix this????

What browser and browser version are you using?

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM - Response #3

I'm on a mac, does that matter??? I can go to my lap top which is dell & I have mozilla firefox & Explorer

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 7:32 PM - Response #4

No, don't see any of that. I'm on a Mac right now. Maybe that's the problem???

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 9:36 PM - Response #5

I'm new to this so I don't know what you are saying exactly. I can tell you from my own experience here about putting photos on customized pages. I have several elementary school photos that I put on custom pages. The photo has to already exist on the server before you can copy and paste to a custom page. I had to put them on a friend's profile page then copy it from there to the custome page where I pasted it. I hope this will help you. If you delete it from the profile page, it will disappear off the custom page too. Good luck.

Monday, August 4, 2008 at 9:55 PM - Response #6

Don't do that. Smile

To put photos on the page please follow these instructions in our FAQs. You should never try to copy and paste images. You always have to upload images to the server first.

Note: We are updating our Safari Editor right now, so if you are on a Mac and trying to upload photos to your pages, please use Firefox for Mac for now.

Full instructions for uploading photos to any page of your site are located at:

1) http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html
2) Click on Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #7

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 12:25 PM - Response #7

OK, thanks everyone, Brad from Class Creator figured it out. I was using my mac with the safari internet browser. Once I switched computers, to my dell with firefox, I was able to see the Source button & Image buttons and all the rest of them.

Thanks again all!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 6:54 PM - Response #8

1) I have a Mac as well and don't see the Image Editor. Do I still have to download Firefox? I'd rather not so was wondering if you think Safari will work any time in the next couple of months, and I'll just wait.

2) When I am using the "Blast the Class" feature, can I include a photo in the body of the text that e-mails to people? If so, how?

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 12:23 AM - Response #9

1) We're in the middle of updating our Safari editor but that task is "on hold" while we try to close out some more important tasks, such as the new Preferences area that close down some security loopholes. It *may* be done in 8 weeks though. Why don't ya go ahead and download firefox for Mac and use that for editing. It'll take you 5 minutes to do that and be up and running.

2) Yes. Just click the yellow image icon in your editor (gotta go get that Firefox first) and upload any picture or graphic you'd like to your class email.

Monday, November 3, 2008 at 8:28 AM - Response #10

Tried it on a HP computer to see what editor was. Wow! That is so much easier than trying to write in HTML code all the time! I'll try to download the Firefox.

Thanks for your fast response!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.