ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Event Planner FREE Event

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/21/16 04:38 PM Views: 1080 Replies: 5
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Is there a way to use any word other than FREE in the Event Planner if there isn't a cost associated with an event?

Our registration fee is for a 2-day event -- one fee for both days. Since the Event Planner is date driven we can't input a Friday/Saturday combined event -- so we separated the event into Friday and Saturday, then we made one (Friday) event FREE and put the cost on the (Saturday) event. This has caused some problems for us when alumni register only for what they think is a FREE event. Having the ability to display nothing at all instead of the word FREE would make it less confusing to those registering since we address the costs in the Event Details section.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM - Response #1

Hi Georgine,

We don't have an alternative wording option to free or the option to display nothing. You could try changing the wording where it says the fees are combined to "must register for Saturday" or something short like that.

There are a couple different ways you could handle this depending on if the fee must cover both days. Are you requiring them to go to both? If not, can you break the fees down into the separate days (example Friday $30 / Saturday $100)? Is there a cost for the meet and greet?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 9:43 PM - Response #2

HI Jessica,

The cost is for both events and we do require attendees to attend both events -- this is primarily for purposes of meeting hotel catering commitments. We could split it up but we really do need alumni to sign up for both. We can't create just one event because the events are on two different dates and that would also be confusing. In the Reunion Planner this was not an issue because we could define our "Items for Sale" any way we wanted.

We kept playing around with the description through our registration open process but your specific suggestion was not one we tried. It might have helped - but it seems that once someone sees the word FREE -- they don't see anything else. Fortunately, most alumni who registered have attended before so they knew how it worked -- so it wasn't a huge problem.

In another post, I had asked about needing the ability for an alumni to go back in and add items, i.e. pay dues or purchase a t-shirt -- it was so confusing because you have to select an event first to continue to the products. There wasn't a solution we liked for that issue either. We like a "one stop shop" for reunions.

We are at the end of the process now and we were able to work around the issues but it would be great to have more flexibility in the new tool.

Thanks!
Georgine

Edited 06/26/16 9:46 PM
Monday, June 27, 2016 at 3:36 PM - Response #3

If you need them to sign up for both, you really are just selling one option and therefore can just sell the reunion ticket that includes activities for both dates. I would just clearly state this information in the reunion information section of the page.

Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM - Response #4

I am having the same issue as Georgine. We have three activities - one is a golf outing on a separate date - the outing isn't free - it's pay at the door (golf course door) yet the only option is to show it as FREE. Why not have "Pay at the Door" be an option for each activity?

Monday, May 8, 2017 at 9:56 AM - Response #5

Rhonda.... I have already addressed this issue for you on another thread. This particular issue should be all set for you at this point.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.