ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Power Point suffix differences

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/06/16 02:30 PM Views: 902 Replies: 5
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:30 PM

I already have a number of power point presentations on our class web site. However the suffix of the presentations vary. Sometimes I saved the presentation with a .ppt suffix,others with a .pptx suffix and others with a .pps suffix and finally some with a .ppsm suffix

When I go to my file vault the only presentations that appear are those with the .ppt and .pptx suffix

The presentations with the .pps and .ppsm still play on our web site but they don't appear in the vault.

Why? Also when I try to upload a presentation with a .ppsm suffix I get the message file format not supported. Again why? Since I already have such files working (even though they don't appear evident in the vault. I only recently looked at the file fault (have not done so for a long time) and see that things are presented differently visually compared to the last time I looked.

The big question is why am I have difficulty in uploading a power point macro-enabled show that has a .ppsm suffix when I already have many such shows working on our site (even though I can't see them in the vault any longer?
SadSadSad

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM - Response #1

CC needs to allow/add those suffixes for the new file manager.

It's just an oversight. Post in Bugs if they do not see this post.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 3:10 PM - Response #2

Hi Rich,

I will forward this to the programmers.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 3:50 PM - Response #3

Hi Rich,

Can you check again and see if everything is displaying as expected?

Jessica

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 6:48 PM - Response #4

Hi Jessica,
I can now see all of the already uploaded power point presentations regardless of the suffix. So I can now see all of the following: .ppt .pptx .pps .ppsm

I have not yet tried to upload a new .ppsm yet. As mentioned above when I tried before I got the file format not supported message. Give me a least one day and I will create a new one and try to upload it to see if I get the same file format not supported messsage. The one I tried to upload before I dumped and converted my info into a pdf file. But I prefer the .ppsm because of the music.
Rich

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 6:56 PM - Response #5

Hi again Jessica,
I just successfully uploaded a power point with a .ppsm suffix and it worked. So I guess now the file format message problem has been taken care of.

Thanks.
RichVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.