ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Override CSS

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/20/20 07:31 PM Views: 342 Replies: 5
Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 7:31 PM

I would like to have unique banner/header images for each page. I am rusty on my CSS and am wondering if someone could give the proper syntax that I could enter into source to override the inherited image.

Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 7:42 PM - Response #1

Hi Cynthia,

Looks like you already are using one of the custom headers. It also looks like you have already started a test of the responsive design under Change Design. You have a lot more control over the header under the responsive design options.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 8:00 PM - Response #2

Thank you for your quick response. I probably was not clear with my question. I would like a unique image for each subpage in my site. In other words the top of the home page would be different from first time visitors etc.

Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 8:22 PM - Response #3

We don't support exactly what you are referring to. There are some admins who have done some creative things. Maybe they will have some additional feedback on this.

Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 11:12 PM - Response #4

Cynthia McLean wrote:

I would like a unique image for each subpage in my site. In other words the top of the home page would be different from first time visitors etc.

Creating a static image for each page is possible. For "first time" visitor, you'd have to create a cookie and then dynamically vary the image using your overriding CSS using a script.

Use a browser "view source" browser "inspect" tools to expose the CSS in real time. The header is contained in < div class="banner-wrapper" >

Play with a test page and change the references. You can change the CSS in real time using the browser "inspect" tools to see what does what.

Friday, August 21, 2020 at 7:55 AM - Response #5

Thank you. You guys rock.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.