ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multi-Year Classmate Profiles Navigation

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/10/11 11:01 AM Views: 1190 Replies: 4
Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM

It seems that for multi-year sites the Classmate Profiles section could be better integrated. There's two different improvements I would like to suggest:

1. Allow the option to view all years and within that view to allow viewing of all classmates either in one "super" list (with classmate year in parenthesis after his/her name)or to parse it out by classes. This is especially feasible for my site where there are only a dozen or so classmates (fraternity brothers) per year. It may be unwieldy for larger classes. For those larger classes perhaps a "Range" option for first and last years might be available.

2. When viewing the list of classmates/brothers within a given year (as we can currently do), have "previous year" and "next year" buttons at the top of the page to aid in navigation. If the "Show Classmate Photo" box is checked on one page, that option should continue onto the previous/next page.

Thanks for listening.

Jim

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM - Response #1

Hi Jim,

Those sound like good ideas to me. Thanks for letting us know how we can make your site better!

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 3:40 PM - Response #2

I like your ideas also Jim. Thanks! I would like to propose an alternate idea for your second suggestion... instead of the "previous / next" feature how about a drop down with all years? This might be more useful for one who wants to jump around.

Thanks!

Terry

Edited 11/11/11 3:41 PM
Monday, November 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM - Response #3

I suppose there's no reason we couldn't have both of those navigation methods available.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM - Response #4

Quote:

I suppose there's no reason we couldn't have both of those navigation methods available.

Even better! Smile
Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.