ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

School location

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/13 12:18 PM Views: 1053 Replies: 15
Friday, April 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I really like looking at everyone's homepage (and have even stolen a few ideas, but who hasn't?), but I wish more of them would include the city and state where the school is located.

Doreene

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM - Response #1

I fully agree Doreene!

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Steve. I love your "Why Have This Site". May I steal it?

Doreene

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM - Response #3

I agree...

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM - Response #4

Would you want this to be something that is automatically added to the page that you can then edit? How do you see this being applied to the site? I was thinking of adding the location to the page title that shows up in the browser tab. But also possibly as an alt tag that shows when you hover over the logo and the school photo when they are uploaded to the site.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM - Response #5

Doreene,
Take anything from the site you wish.
That is ONE of the reasons CC has this forum, so we can share, and get ideas.
About 80% of my 'statement' was obtained from another site - I just simply modified it.
Have a great weekend!

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM - Response #6

Scott, I like your idea of possibly having it as a displayable option to appear underneath the School Name at the top. I guess it would also be cool to have it appear over the logo as you hovered over it as you suggested, too.

Great ideas everyone!

Steve

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM - Response #7

I like the idea of it automatically appearing, and then give the Admin the option of removing it if they wish.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM - Response #8

Yes, Scott, I LIKE your ideas! How awesome are YOU! Thanks Doreene for starting this topic!

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM - Response #9

Yes, I like Steve Stephenson's idea.

Doreene

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM - Response #10

Great suggestion!

I had added our city and state next to the grad year, but it would be nice if there was a dedicated place for it to be entered (at least to have the option).

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM - Response #11

Another item for the Advanced button perhaps...

Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM - Response #12

Doreene being administrator like you … I find these forums so helpful in so many ways with new ideas and most importantly we all have the same common interests in keeping our very important youth days alive. Having Class Creator has allowed us to connect with those that were very important during those days in school. I may not write or respond much… but I do read all or most of these entries on our forums. Doreene when I first read your note and all the other responses to your request… My first thought was… Has she looked at our site? We thought of those ideas of yours… we placed our city’s logo on our front page... and we created a page called “Our Hometown”… which is open to all our visitors, happy to report that we recently broke 70,000 hits. Tonight we edited our school name by adding our city and state name. Hopefully you and the other Administrators will visit our site and hopefully it’ll give others ideas of adding a page like ours, I would find it very interesting to learn about others “Hometowns” places that we all hold a special place.
~ Mac

Edited 04/12/13 12:55 AM
Monday, April 29, 2013 at 2:44 AM - Response #13

Hi Doreene,

Thanks to your suggestion, I've just added the hometown and state to our home page. Should have done it a long time ago!

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM - Response #14

Thanks for the feedback.

Doreene

Sunday, June 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM - Response #15

I agree Steve that the wording of your why statement is great and well said. I too would appreciate using it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.