ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/25/09 06:08 PM Views: 1873 Replies: 7
Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM

We have about 34 classmates listed as missing, however we have their address, and only about 7 are actually misssing. Of the 27 we have address for they have not joined for one reason or another, and some don't have computers.
If we add the 27 with their address (maybe in the future they will join) will a message go out to everyone that they have joined the site and if so will an email to for each one or as a group. I guess we would rather that a message would not go out until they have actualy joined. Hate to have everyone getting 27 emails. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks,
Gary

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM - Response #1

No, nothing goes out to anyone until a Classmate actually joins.

To adjust your Missing Classmate criteria:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page
3) Set Missing Classmate criteria as desired

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM - Response #2

No, nothing goes out to anyone until a Classmate actually joins.

To adjust your Missing Classmate criteria:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your Missing Classmates page
3) Set Missing Classmate criteria as desired

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM - Response #3

You can add the 27 with their addresses and no e-mails will be sent. Only when a classmate goes through the JOIN NOW and the ClassCreator Wizard will the e-mails be sent out.

You can use the ClassCreator system to store the addresses so that when you export the class list, the addresses will be correct. When the classmate finally joins, he will update the address if it is different.

Oops, Brad beat me this timeExclamationExclamationExclamation

Edited 10/25/09 6:32 PM
Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM - Response #4

Thanks guys, right on top of things..
Gary

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM - Response #5

So if we add their email address on their profile and we send out a mass email they won't receive the emails?

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM - Response #6

Ann Wise wrote:

So if we add their email address on their profile and we send out a mass email they won't receive the emails?

If you add an e-mail address to a missing classmate, THEY will receive a mass e-mail, but that classmate hasn't created a profile yet, so there will not be a "New Classmate has Registered" e-mail sent to those who have "Profile Subscriptions" until that classmate has gone through the Profile Wizard.

Edited 10/26/09 10:01 AM
Monday, October 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM - Response #7

Cool I thought that was what was going on. Or should I say hoped. Once I contact them by phone I would get their email address and add it to their profile. Then as the mass emails went out I hoped it would remind them to sign on. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.