ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New member cannot log in

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/14/13 05:54 PM Views: 821 Replies: 5
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I have a new member who is unable to log in. She is using the email address on file, but keeps getting a msg that says invalid password or email address. I tried it myself and was unsuccessful using her email address. Tried deleting and reentering her email address. Still no good. I have had two other new members log in today with no problem. The only other thing I can see is that she has a long email address.
Is there a limit to the number of characters one can have in an email address?

Edited 02/14/13 6:41 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 6:09 PM - Response #1

She has never joined your website yet, so she doesn't have a username/password. (you can tell by going to Manage Classmates, searching for her e-mail address, and noticing NO LAST LOGIN DATE).

Tell her to click on Classmate Profiles, click on her name, then click the JOIN HERE link.

You might want to edit your post and remove the e-mail address. These are PUBLIC forums.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle. I'll learn!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM - Response #3

Kyle, will this work if the Classmates Profile link is password protected?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM - Response #4

No, it won't work if the Classmate Profile link is password protected. The "JOIN HERE" link on the home page takes you to the Classmate Profiles page, so if you have it password protected, they will just get a page that says the page is password protected.

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 5:03 AM - Response #5

Thanks, once again! You are the best for putting up with my newbie questions and problems.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.