ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Ideas for 50th Wedding Anniversary

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/10/11 10:20 AM Views: 1227 Replies: 3
Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM

My class has several couples who will celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary over the next year. I would like to recognize them in some way. Have any of you done this on your site, or do you have any ideas you could share?

Thanks, Sandy

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:56 AM - Response #1

I have suggested to CC they include a Home Page panel for anniversaries just as they do for birthdays. Hopefully, it might happen some day.

Having a 50th wedding anniversary coming up in 11 months, I'm biased, but I think such should be recognized, giving most credit to the wife in my case. I would include those who have lost their mate short of their 50th but who would have made it otherwise.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM - Response #2

What I did for my sister-in-law and her husband for their 50th anniversary is fill up a little glass pot (that looks it would hold a pot of gold) and filled it with 50 silver dollars (the year they celebrate their 50th anniversary). I added an extra one for future years of happiness. It was a huge hit!

Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 2:54 PM - Response #3

Bill,
That is a great suggestion for CC!
I would think that they could even have an option that you could click on that would notify you of a couple’s anniversary and the number of years, just like you can be notified of their birthday.
Steve

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.