ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

FREE Adobe Photoshop classes Feb 25-Mar 2

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/19/13 04:25 PM Views: 1307 Replies: 9
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Sharing this information for those of you that have Photoshop and possibly the time to learn how to use... via email received on Monday from OnOne Software... YOU can join creativeLIVE for PHOTOSHOP Week http://www.creativelive.com/photoshopweek, February 25th to March 2nd. They're bringing the best instructors to teach you all about the powerful tools in Adobe Photoshop. Whether you're using it for the first time or ready for its deeper hidden functions, PhotoshopWeek has classes for you including retouching and compositing, workflow and automation, text and brushes and painting, and much more. You must sign up, so visit the link and "enroll for free".
Link (again) http://www.creativelive.com/photoshopweek --- (why do my links never work???) --- copy and paste it into your browser ---
Enrollment is free! 6 days, 12 instructors, over 40 classes ... ALL FREE! When you go to link, scroll down the page for lists of all the classes & information.

Shared here on CC with permission from Brad, whom said "I say post! The more training the better."

Thanks! Only wish I had the time to learn more.
Very Happy
Marla Bryan

Edited 02/19/13 4:28 PM
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM - Response #1

You want to use the LINK icon in the editor to paste links.

This is your LINK

And thanks for the info

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM - Response #2

Thanks Jack! I tried it again and to check to see if it worked this time during preview... when I clicked on the link it worked and I lost my original reply post... so I will attempt to do this again. What I had said in the original reply was that I DID USE THE LINK ICON in the EDITOR... However... clicked on the link first then inserted the actual url in the code. This time I did the reverse... put the url on the page then clicked on the icon link, plus did the complex version too. The complex version is the one I tested and it worked. So YAY! Here goes again for my test of ability... simple then complex
http://www.creativelive.com/photoshopweek
PHOTOSHOPweek
Thanks everyone for enduring my testing/learning!
Hope it works (again). Wink ~ Marla

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM - Response #3

Okay... so why am I able to do the complex version of a LINK and not the simple... where am I failing to get this correct? It looks proper and appears to be a link but does not go where it is supposed to go. Whereas the complex link works just fine and has the SAME url???
Thanks for your input, this puzzles me!
Confused
~ Marla

Edited 02/19/13 6:42 PM
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM - Response #4

Duh!... Just figured it out... the link icon in this editor gives us the brackets with the url inside... and I pasted the actual link between the codes... when if I wanted the URL to be visible in the simple version the words LINK need to be in the brackets. Read the BBCode help AGAIN and realized my error. Thanks again for enduring my learning curve, which is apparently not taking the time to absorb fully what I am trying to see! LOL Laughing ` Marla
simple version --
http://www.creativelive.com/photoshopweek

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM - Response #5

Marla Bryan wrote:

I tried it again and to check to see if it worked this time during preview... when I clicked on the link it worked and I lost my original reply post.

If I had nickel for every time that happens to me ...

Especially when I'm working with several tabs open, click the wrong one and there went 5 minutes of my lifeShocked

The way links work in the forum is a bit odd though. I don't know any other forum software that links back to itself if you enter the raw link address. But there are bigger fish to fryVery Happy

I have an older Photoshop but never got very proficient aside from using some awesome plugins someone gave me. I bet those are all obsolete now. I'll dust it off and transfer it to this system.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM - Response #6

I clickeed your link and it brought me right back here to your reply in CC. It didn't take me to Adobe Photoshop/
Barbara

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM - Response #7

Either paste the links into your browser or don't use the links in the top forum post. Marla was learning how to do a link and the top forum post was the first trial.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM - Response #8

Hi Barabara,
If you read my other postings on this page... I do finally get the link correct. See here too: LINK
Thanks! Marla

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM - Response #9

Marla,
Thanks for sharing that. i went to the site Yesterday & Today but found i am not at those levels yet. I will keep the link because it is a great resourse when I get up to speedQuestion?Confused

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.