ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Flag icon override

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/18/09 04:39 PM Views: 1281 Replies: 4
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 4:39 PM

This comment comes from the FAQ under the FLAG icon "Flag: Indicates Classmate served in the military. This icon automatically appears if a Classmate selects any branch of military service in his or her Profile. Flag will automatically be of the nation where the school is located, but the Classmate has the option to override this and manually set the flag for the nation served."

Question: How do I manually override this to set the flag for the United States, the nation I served?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 6:56 PM - Response #1

That's weird; our school is located in Japan, but all of the flags for our service members is the US flag...which is what it should be. I didn't know that there were different flags available.

Edited 02/18/09 6:56 PM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 10:06 PM - Response #2

Hi Tom,

We are working on an overide option where the classmate will be able to select a flag from a dropdown menu. This will be available shortly.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM - Response #3

Thanks Jessica for your reply. Looking forward to the override so I can change the Philippine flag to the Stars and Stripes.

Thursday, February 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM - Response #4

Hi Vickie... (I think - and this is just my opinion) that since your High School is in Okinawa, Japan, it is probably connected with the Department of Defense (DOD) - in other words, sponsored by the US Armed Forces. If this is the case, then a great majority of the students are US military dependents (members of the military stationed in Okinawa). For a long time since the end of World War II Japan didn't and couldn't have a military force of its own. Thus the US flag to indicate prior or current military service - not the Japanese flag.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.