ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

posting a picture on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/14/11 11:08 PM Views: 1682 Replies: 6
Monday, February 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I would like to post a picture of a logo on the right side of our home page. It's a logo for our local Taco Del Mar, and would like to advertize them as supporters of the class site
Thanks
Rick

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 12:43 AM - Response #1

Manually code a div image tag to put an image (or text) anywhere. Done in source mode.

see this link

Did not work correctly on a Mac with Safari - was too far to the left - about 100 off. Do not know why. That was in Nov, 2010

A bit of a hassle to maintain when changing the page - depends on if you edit on your PC or using CC editor.

You could also create a background and paste in the logo. You can now have larger backgrounds - select 1920 from the dropdown list for the largest. Keep image under 200k and it will load fine.

Edited 02/15/11 12:44 AM
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 7:17 AM - Response #2

Hi,
I wanted to see how to do that also. Didn't understand reply (I don' know what a "div" image is, for starters.).
Our school years were 1959-1963 so some of the events pictured had not happened yet because I picked the "60's" for my background (i.e. Kennedy Assasination). Thought I might add or super impose other things (i.e. Elvis trivia). Is it possible to do that?
I have a co-administrator that is exceptional with artI'd like him to receive the answer also (malerbajolin@aol.com).
Would be grateful for any advice.
Barbara E.Sad

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM - Response #3

Rick,

Any picture you paste on the right side will be wallpapered, i.e, continually repeating both horizontally and vertically. To make sure it starts right you need to know a little about how it's set up. The reference point starts on the left side of the page and will start repeating from there. The width of the CC material overlaying it is 925 pixels. Thus if you scaled your picture to be 925 pixels wide the first horizontal repeat of the image would be right on the money. However, that means the picture would extend well past the browser's window for most set ups. I use a sub-multiple of 462 pixels wide so it's the 2nd repeat of the image that first shows up on the right.

I use the open source freeware GIMP package to scale my images but I suspect there's a lot simpler ways to do it.

Once you have your image scaled correctly (or if you don't care if it starts exactly on the image's left-hand side and do nothing) you go to CC's "Change Colors" under the ADMIN FUNCTIONS section and Browse to your image in the BACKGROUND IMAGE dialog. Be sure to press Save Changes before viewing your handiwork.

You can do this as many times as you want and I frequently change images as it suits my mood. Very Happy

Hope this helps.

Jim

Edited 02/15/11 9:07 AM
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM - Response #4

I appreciat the help but I would only like the picture to up once which would allow me to maybe have other sponsors going down the right side. I am supprised there isnt a way of doing this as it seems like a great spot for it.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM - Response #5

Rick,

With image manipulation software (e.g., GIMP) you can vertically "stack" one image above another and create a resultant single (vertically-) composite image to load. I don't know that there is any limit to how tall an image can be, although there might be.

Scale each of the component images to 462 pixels wide first (keeping the height-to-width ratio fixed if you want to avoid image distortion), combine them by vertically stacking them and then upload that composite image.

Jim

Edited 02/15/11 9:42 AM
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 12:09 PM - Response #6

Rick Nelson wrote:

I would only like the picture to up once which would allow me to maybe have other sponsors going down the right side. I am supprised there isnt a way of doing this as it seems like a great spot for it.

There is. I already gave a link. Maybe it wasn't clear that one has to CLICK the link and then read what is on that page. You can superimpose to your heart's content.

It is very simple, but if you use the CC editor a bit difficult to insert in the right place.

Here is the link again - click ME

I'd post it here, but the code tag(editor option in this forum) didn't work the last time. It has to be wrapped in that form otherwise it will "execute". Let me try one more time. Still doesn't work, but you can see part of it. For the first part click the link. It's interpreting the code which the tag is supposed to prevent.IOW it's not changing >.

Finally figured out a workaround: To make it show I put quotes around < followed by IMG (so drop the quotes)

This is the basic syntax. The link explains all the parts. Most of it is self-explanatory. You want to set the LEFT to around 950

Edited 02/15/11 12:27 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.