ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

creating a profile with no email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/12/12 08:18 PM Views: 1229 Replies: 6
Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I have looked through the forums and don't see an answer to this question. Right now I have about 35 classmates (out of 876) that don't have computers or email addresses. We have sent them questionnaires (with the same information as the website) by US Mail and some have responded. How should I enter the information on the website so 1)other classmates can see it and 2)we can include their info in our souvenir book? It doesn't seem that I can use my email address for all these people (using different passwords for each).

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM - Response #1

You can just make up an e-mail address. For example classmate_name@aol.com.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM - Response #2

Just leave it blank, but show them as a member, I have several members who don't have email address

Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM - Response #3

Joani,

We also have several members who don't have or use computers. We entered their contact and profile information (with their permission) using the Manage Classmates --> Enter/Edit Classmates function, and in the comments field on their profile form, we posted that their "contact and profile information was entered by the reunion committee because he/she doesn't use computers." These are people who don't even want to go to the library or other facility to use a public computer. We left the email address field blank. Seems to work okay for us. We communicate with these people via U.S. Mail or phone.

Monday, February 13, 2012 at 3:27 AM - Response #4

Although I am new to this, This is what I did. As Administrator I went to manage classmates, clicked 'edit/add classmate' ent to the indiviual's name, clicked on 'details', and adde what ever contact info you so choose. Idea
Barbara

Monday, February 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM - Response #5

I just put no email in the email addy box..or just leave it blank..making up one..will just give you bouncebacks for all the invalid emails.
Just make sure that you have their permission to add all their info..if they don't want their phone number and address known..then check the appropriate boxes. Also lock their profile down..by check the box that pertains to other search engines finding them. If they ever get puter or internet access, you as the admin can uncheck the box so they can join.
I hope this helps.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 3:03 PM - Response #6

I had seen this earlier and just getting around trying to add someone to our website so class members could read what they are doing.
I tried giving them a false email, thinking this might be a valid email and someone will get it??? Then I remember about the free 100 personalized email addresses available through Classnames.net when I purchased our domain name. Those emails are forwarded to my email address.
Thus I created one for Webmaster@wichitanorth64.com, messages are then forwarded to my personal email address. You can do the same for classmembers who don't have emails. Add their names at Clssnames.net with your website as the extension.
ie: Karen_Kelly@wichitanorth64.com
Hope this makes since? Go the help button for more information about Email Forwarding at ClassNames.net or Questions about Email at Classcreator.com FAQS.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.