ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page Background Color

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/14/13 04:40 PM Views: 1114 Replies: 2
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I would like to change the Home Page background color and then type in text and insert images on top, as many websites have done. I presume that this is done in the Editor by using a Table. I have experimented with this on an inactive link and have been able to construct a large one panel colored table with border but have trouble with placing text and images where I want them. Is there a help file or video on this? May be the Change Design function could include an option to select a Home Page Background color similar to the Site Background Color option.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM - Response #1

There is no help video on this. What you are trying to achieve requires a level of knowledge and skill in web programming slightly higher than they system was designed for, but which it allows if you are willing to experiment and do some reasearch on your own. Here is a good place to start: http://www.w3schools.com/

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the reply Eric. I was afraid that would be the answer. Fortunately, our school colors are blue and white and we are quite happy with the white background. I think my suggestion for a backround color option for the Home Page, or all pages, is something users would want so it could complement or contrast with their school colors.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.