ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding links to the Welcome Message.

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/01/10 11:50 AM Views: 1502 Replies: 5
Monday, February 1, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I want to add a link to the welcome message. First I created a custom page “Emails To The Class” to post emails I sent to the class. I would like to inform new members to go and read old emails since they would not have received them. Anyway would the following be correct;

To get caught up with what you missed visit the $Emails_To_The_Class$.

Also is there any way to test the welcome message without creating a new member and signing up as them.

Thanks,

John Braunscheidel

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM - Response #1

No, $Emails_To_The_Class$ wouldn't work because this isn't a system variable.

What you would want to do is right-click on your custom link on the left-side menus. Choose "Copy Link Location" (depending upon which browser you are using, the option might be different). Then paste the link in your welcome e-mail.

It is probably best to create a new user to test the e-mail. That way, you can see exactly what will be in the e-mail.

Kyle

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM - Response #2

Hey,

Thanks for helping me. I did what you said i pasted http://www.sweethome1980.com/class_forums.cfm, that works but is there any way to rename the link "User Forum"

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM - Response #3

You could try using the HTML Link code like this:

User Forum

Then you would have to test it again.

Also, I am not sure how different e-mail programs would deal with the HTML code.

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 1:35 PM - Response #4

Thanks again,

I will try this but I think it will be unsightly for people that don’t read email in html format. Maybe I can resolve this another way.

What I am trying to accomplish is; We sent out a mass email to the class over the weekend. When new classmates sign up I want to steer them to a page I create “Emails To The Class” this way there not missing our message and I don’t have to send each new member the email individually. I see there are queries in the email the class but none that select all new members since last email. Any advice would be appreciated.

Monday, February 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM - Response #5

I wouldn't worry about those not viewing the e-mail in HTML. Your "Email the Class" that you sent out already has a link to your "We Need Your Help!" page, which is a HTML link code.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.