ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Don't forget to register you site with search engines

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/11/08 01:42 AM Views: 1384 Replies: 7
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 1:42 AM

This is in the FAQ, but some may read it early and forget when they get busy building a new site. Registering your class web site with Google and other search engines is worth the little bit of time it takes. We have had one lost classmate find his way to our site already from a Google search, and the site has been up barely a month.

There are many hits in our SiteMeter logs every day that were linked from a search web site query. If you were to go to Google right now and search for Lees Summit 1967 our site is first in the list out of "about 35,500 English pages" that Google found. Getting links to your site on other web sites also helps keep you at the top.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 1:47 AM - Response #1

Right on Bill. Very good advice. Search engine findability is just one more way to get Missing Classmates to your site.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 9:29 AM - Response #2

How do you do that?

JIM

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 10:20 AM - Response #3

It is in the FAQ:

http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#Promoting

Edited 11/11/08 10:22 AM
Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM - Response #4

I registered my site on google, yahoo and msnbc and I have never had it come up while doing a search for it. Any suggestions?
Sue

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 2:54 PM - Response #5

It takes some time to get listed in the search engines. Even if you submit, it's up to the search engine itself to get to those requests and add your site to the listings.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 6:55 PM - Response #6

Sue Hall wrote:

I registered my site on google, yahoo and msnbc and I have never had it come up while doing a search for it. Any suggestions?
Sue

I tested this using a Google search for "Sue Hall Southwest High School 1969" and your site comes up as the 4th item in the results. The listings ahead of it were also reunion sites so I'm guessing you have been fairly active in that area and maybe listed on those sites for longer. Other classmate names may come up even higher.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 7:25 PM - Response #7

I entered into Google:

southwest high school class of 1969, MO

and you come up third now. Get a few links on the web to point to your web site and you'll likely move up to second or first.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.